at City of Dover in Dover, Delaware, United States
Join an awarding winning team. The City of Dover received the Special Achievement in GIS (SAG) award at Esri’s 2021 Virtual Users Conference. We have been recognized as being an industry leader for our implementation of GIS. Dover holds a Small Government Enterprise License Agreement with Esri which makes available a wide range of licenses, extensions, applications and training to our GIS staff. GIS layers are currently being utilized for such things as utilities, tax parcels, daily refuse routes, above ground storage tanks, vacant buildings, knox box tracking and much more. The future holds endless possibilities.
Because of our advancement in the GIS field, the City of Dover is seeking a GIS Specialist. This is a newly created position to further enhance our existing GIS work and team efforts. Under general supervision, the GIS Specialist utilizes the ArcGIS suite of products to develop and maintain our assets and inventories utilizing Esri’s Utility Network.
Duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Performs technical duties in the development, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Department’s GIS; compiles, stores, inventories, and analyzes data.
- Creates maps; updates and maintains city data layers according to City policies and procedures along with data collection and field verification.
- Prepares exhibits and assists those responsible for presentations to Commissions and to Council; prepares technical reports and materials for use in presentations.
- Interprets engineering plans, plat maps, and legal descriptions for GIS database development efforts.
- Conducts global positioning system (GPS) data collection for GIS database development efforts.
- Creates and maintains GIS database metadata to support enterprise GIS efforts for the City.
- Edits, creates, and maintains graphic and tabular geographic information datasets.
- Assists in the maintenance and organization of the GIS data layers.
- Ensures the integrity, quality and accuracy of a variety of GIS information and data.
- The following examples of job responsibilities will provide ways in which you, the candidate, will become immersed in city government and advance the organization.
- Requires two years of related experience in the ArcGIS suite of products and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). Experience with Esri’s Utility Network preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in Science, Geography, Engineering or another related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience is acceptable.
- A valid driver’s license
A criminal background investigation and driver’s license review will be required.
To view the entire job description for complete details on job responsibilities and requirements, please visit, https://www.cityofdover.com/job-titles-and-rates. Please select the Non-bargaining tab and locate GIS Specialist position.
- Health, dental, vision and group life insurance
- 401a and 457 deferred compensation plans
- Paid vacation and sick leave
To Apply Submit the Following
- City of Dover employment application (www.cityofdover.com/jobs)
Hourly Rate of Pay: Up to $22.92 per hour, based on qualifications