at Whipper Snapper Transport, LLC in Milford, Delaware, United States
The CDL Truckdriver drives a truck (80,000 lbs) to transport freight, cars, materials, or equipment between various types of establishments. Drives a diesel powered tractor to transport materials, freight, cars or equipment. Fasten attachments such as trailers to tractor. Adjusts equipment for proper operation. Lubricates and makes minor repairs to tractor and attachments such as tightening bolts, and replacing washers, cotter pins, and screws. When tractor or trailer are in need of repair (ie lights, brakes, etc.) it is the Drivers responsibility to take to shop for repair. *No trailer or tractor should be left in the yard in non-working condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle freight without damage,
- Check freight received/delivered against freight bill for accuracy;
- Operate equipment safely and to practice personal safety.
- Accomplish work in compliance with government and DOT regulations.
- Maintain accurately required logs, records, and documentation (must be turned in daily if day trips or weekly if trip is over 4 days).
- Occasionally may have to tarp loads. Must secure loads with straps and chains and binders.
- Perform safe work practices and procedures, and adhere to occupational health standards.
- Perform related duties as required, such as daily housekeeping and inventories as directed.
- Maintain a clean and clutter free truck. (Occasionally another driver may be assigned to the truck you are currently using).
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Favorable motor vehicle report and background check
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to follow directions.
- Must have ability to work independently using sound judgment, perform tasks normally associated with vehicle operations and operate trucks in a reliable manner with public safety in mind.
- Must be knowledgeable of manifest and shipping documents normally associated with the trucking industry.
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to secure load, making necessary adjustment, sit, talk or hear. The employee is frequently r equired to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- May be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and loud noise.