at Chemours in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
The Chemours Leveraged Analytical is seeking to engage an Analytical Chemist – Vibrational Spectroscopy. The position is based at the Chemours Discovery Hub in Newark, DE, within the Technology organization of the Advanced Performance Materials platform. The successful candidate will be a corporate resource in the field of vibrational spectroscopy (primarily infrared spectroscopy), applying their extensive knowledge and experience in such to address a wide variety of problems in R&D and plant support. The successful candidate will lead the spectroscopy lab functions and will interact closely with colleagues in the Materials Characterization group , the broader analytical team, and chemists and engineers throughout the Technology organization. This position reports to the Technology Manager of the Leveraged Analytical organization.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in experimental design and execution and suggest alternative approaches
- Process, review, and interpret experimental results and optimize methodologies
- Independently adapt new methodologies to current projects
- Generate analytical reports to meet R&D needs and product registration requirements
- Effectively communicate results to the Chemours R&D community
- Work independently and with cross-functional teams
- Independently formulate work plans and manage/prioritize daily workflow
- Mentor junior group members and act as a technical resource for the leveraged team
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Advanced degree in Chemistry or closely related field. Equivalent experience will be considered for outstanding candidates.
- Well versed in analytical instrumentation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate results clearly to colleagues in oral and written reports.
- Demonstrated ability to independently conduct and prioritize laboratory operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely, including operations with hazardous materials and processes.
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Extensive experience in solving research problems by application of molecular spectroscopic technologies.
- Experience with infrared microscopy.
- Experience with DRIFTS and other specialized infrared techniques.
- Experience with Raman spectroscopy.
- Experience with UV/visible spectroscopy.
- Experience with process analytical chemistry support.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account