at Hostway in Newark, Delaware, United States
Ntirety provides Multi-Cloud Managed Solutions that enable IT to shift from managing operational risk to creating a future-ready, agile enterprise. Ntirety is the only Managed Solutions Provider for multi-cloud solutions with guaranteed business outcomes. Our solutions are backed by the industry’s first and only Guidance Level Agreements (GLAs): actionable insights that improve mission-critical application security, cost, and agility. Our engineers in North America, Europe, and Asia deliver solutions that shift tactical Enterprise IT operations to business transformation for thousands of global customers. With fourteen data centers around the world, Ntirety also ensures strict compliance to PCI, HITRUST, HIPAA, FERPA, and GDPR guidelines and regulations.
We are first and foremost a service company, enabled by technology… not the other way around. We believe that service is the core to creating a vibrant, “built-to-last” organization. If what we’ve said isn’t a mission you can get behind, or you are looking for a big paycheck to do more “directing” than “doing”… stop reading.
Still with us? You likely believe that there is more to a job than just getting paid, and that the mission really matters. Good. Because we believe that too.
For more information about Ntirety, please visit www.ntirety.com.
The Cyber Security Architect is a technically sound subject matter expert responsible for the design, building, testing, strengthening and implementation of security upon our systems within our purview. They are the senior technical member of the security organization in the company and will perform all necessary steps to prevent and/or respond to any security related incident.
The Cyber Security Architect’s responsibilities include reviewing our current security measures, recommending enhancements, identifying areas of weakness, and responding promptly to possible security breaches. You will also be responsible for conducting regular system tests and ensuring the continuous monitoring of the network’s security. Additionally, you will be responsible for the technical guidance & coaching of the Cyber Security Engineers & Analysts.
To be a successful Cyber Security Architect, you should be experienced in information security and IT risk assessment, with a strong understanding of security protocols, authentication, governance/compliance and security. You should also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain a command of the security solutions we offer our customers and use in-house
· Maintain a thorough understanding of the organization’s technology and IT systems
· Planning, researching, and designing security architectures
· Act as Operational Product Owner & Subject Matter Expert for all Security products offered by the company
· Design and deploy security infrastructure and controls to enhance our security posture
· Develop internal tools to automate security workflow, integration, and threat analysis
· Lead team coding projects to develop and maintain complex internal tools
· Integrate new and existing systems into current security fabric utilizing existing tools and developing new ones where necessary
· Work to improve automation in work performed by the security team
· Create complex detection/correlation rules utilizing our SIEM and other security infrastructure to enhance detection ratios and monitor for emerging threats
· Responsible for maintaining an expert level knowledge of existing and emerging security threats, concepts, and methods
· Developing, reviewing, and approving the installation requirements for LANs, WANs, VPNs, routers, firewalls, and related network devices
· Developing timelines and implementation of security related projects
· Testing the final security system and updating and upgrading it as needed
· Establishing disaster recovery procedures and conducting security breach drills with management
· Responding quickly and effectively to all security incidents and providing post-event analyses
· Monitoring and guiding the security team, cultivating a sense of security awareness, and arranging for continuous education
· Remaining up to date with the latest security systems, standards, authentication protocols, and products
· Be able to perform all of the job functions of the Cyber Security Engineers and Analysts with proficiency and perform as needed including:
o Responding to all system and/or network security breaches
· Act as the primary point of escalation for Cyber Security Engineers
· Interact with customers by phone, chat, or trouble ticket on any escalated security issues
· Ensuring that the organization’s data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls
· Maintain a superior knowledge of the cyber security technologies, standards, and vendor offerings
· Participate on Cyber Incident Response Team to optimize network defense, monitoring and policy development, and network forensics/packet inspection
· Align to governance, compliance and regulatory requirements including PCI DSS, HIPAA, HITRUST, GDPR and CCPA, or other relevant requirements
· Write custom parsers for the SIEM as needed
· Write custom fixlets for BigFix as needed
· Participating in the change management process
· Develop best practices for IT security
· Will be relied upon as a technical point of contact during Escalated Events relating to security
· Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management
· Handle escalated internal or customer security issues from support or other operations team
· Takes part in any security oriented projects or critical initiatives
· Stay up-to-date on information technology & security news, trends and standards
· Deliver an exceptional customer experience every day
· Other duties as identified or assigned
· We are kept free from internal or customer security incidents
· We are also adequately prepared to respond to an internal or customer security incident should it occur
· We are continually developing our security product set to ensure it covers all best practices and compliance requirements needed by both our customers and our own business
· We are identifying our risks through proactive research, testing and reporting. We prioritize the resolution of these risks before they cause us pain
· Our security workforce is knowledgeable on the latest trends in security, and are proficient security professionals
· We are leveraging automation to reduce our reliance on repeatable manual work.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· 5-10 years’ experience in information security and IT risk management
· 8-12 years’ experience troubleshooting and managing systems and networks of all varieties
· 4 years of work experience with incident detection, incident response and forensics
· A strong working knowledge of current IT risks, security implementations, and computer operating and software programs
· Must have technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Must have a command of network management principles
· Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, C++, Java, Ruby, bash, Power Shell etc.
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
· Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques
· Excellent teaching, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to learn and communicate technical information to non-technical people
· Must have excellent written & oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
· Must emulate the Ntirety Values in all that they do
· Ability to work flexible shifts inc