at Certara USA, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Certara is hiring a Database Architect in our Software division!
At Certara, we accelerate medicines to patients by partnering with life science innovators.
Our Integrated And Proprietary End-to-end Platform With Biosimulation, Regulatory Science, And Market Access Solutions Combined With Our Strong Team Of Scientists And Subject Matter Experts Enable Our Clients To Have
In the past 6 years, over 90% of companies that received new drug approvals by the FDA used our software or services.
informed decision-making & reduced clinical trial burden
higher R&D productivity
improved patient outcomes & increased patient access to medicines
accelerated regulatory approval
Certara is a global team that fosters and nurtures a diverse and inclusive culture. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The collective sum of our individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and unique capabilities and talent represents a significant part of our culture, our reputation and our achievement.
Together with our partners, we use biosimulation and technology-enabled services to transform drug discovery and development across all therapeutic areas and innovative therapies.
A Database Architect is expected to be functionally knowledgeable in multiple data solutions
on Oracle, MsSQL and AWS including, RDS(Postgres) and NoSQL Technology areas. As a leader
in our architecture team, you will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more
projects; assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept
You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis,
architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. This role is
considered part of the architecture team and may mentor junior architects, developers and
other team members.
This is a highly visible position in the company and therefore the chosen candidate will be a
self-starter with strong communication, influencing, and collaboration skills.
* Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of AWS technology data architecture. This
includes data management architectures in both cloud and on-premise solutions
* Provide data architectural solutions/designs to project teams for implementation.
* Become a trusted advisor for AWS Data Architecture
* Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for data management.
* Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and
interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release
* Project and solution estimation of data related tasks
* Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
* Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical
solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
* Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
* Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative
* Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
* Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business
knowledge with technical solutions
* Engage with Application Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate
technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
* Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction,
exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change
* Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in the field of computer science (or related field) from
an accredited university, or an additional 4 years' experience in lieu of degree, is
* 7 + years of hands-on experience with database development, modeling, and
governance within a Database Server environment is required.
* 5+ years of AWS RDS and/or NoSQL data management technologies.
* AWS Architecture experience. AWS Certification preferred.
* Must have a good grasp issues of securing data in the cloud including systems with PCI,
PII, and HIPAA related data.
* Strong SQL programming skills is required.
* Experienced with DMS (Database Migration Services) tools to migrate data from Onpremises
to Cloud is required.
* Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions
and future... For full info follow application link.
Certara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Certara does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.