at Sallie Mae in Newark, Delaware, United States
Director, Enterprise Data Governance
Newark – Continental, DE
Who we are:
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they imagine-whether that means helping them make college happen, or other endeavors they pursue to invest in their future. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills-you’re in the right place.
What You’ll Contribute
Sallie Mae has an opportunity to be a part of defining and building out the Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) function across the organization. This role will work closely with the Data Governance Steering Committee to support strategy, execution, and maintenance of the function. This role will provide leadership in the development and implement Enterprise Data Governance, Data Quality, and Data Management principles based on the Three Lines of Defense model, supporting the creation and promotion of policies, processes, and standards to ensure coordination, standardization, and alignment of business unit Data Governance, Quality and Management activities with Enterprise Data Risk Management objectives.
What You’ll Do
% of Time Spent
• Development & Strategy
· Supports review of currently in-place Enterprise Data Governance structures and roadmaps and updating / amending as required to meet organizational goals and objectives
· Provides day to day guidance and strategy for execution of Enterprise Data Governance education, advocacy, and vision for the full enterprise, both internal constituents as well as external parties (e.g., 3rd party partners, regulators)
· Guides the management of a Data Governance Target Operating model defined by the organization to help manage all aspects of the Data Lifecycle.
· Provides input and guidance of enterprise policies, processes, and standards associated with the governance of Enterprise data assets
· Provides leadership in the creation of all Executive Management reporting/presentations linked with the EDG organization and its scope of responsibilities
• Oversight & Control
· Provides guidance for Standards for application / database / data warehouse controls for data quality
· Defines and implements Standards for reporting / analytics artifacts for required quality controls
· Develops the criteria for Standards governing the release of information / reporting to third parties along with data quality / report quality tollgate requirements
· Ensures broad adoption and engagement from Data Owners and Stewards across the organization, including alignment and standardization of data stewardship roles and responsibilities along with accountability tracking for these roles
· Provides input into and support of technology strategy with Enterprise IT to ensure Data Governance principles and controls are ‘designed and built into’ all solutions
· Acts as the internal Subject Matter Expert on evolving and emerging data governance trends
· Understands and communicates how internal and external factors impacting data affects business strategy and decisions
· Develops a close partnership with internal organizations-at all levels-in the acquisition, storage, consumption and use of enterprise data
· Understands tools and technologies linked with data movement, storage, reporting, and analytics
· Acts as a trusted partner with the risk, compliance, and audit organizations to understand data opportunities and challenges impacting their organizations
· Coaches and mentors a team on effective communications, interaction management, and conflict resolution
· Works to ensure each member of the team is an effective partner and trusted advisor across the enterprise in all matters relating to data governance
· Ensures the team maintains ongoing alignment to corporate vision, mission, and strategy-translating that into tangible data-driven impacts requiring governance
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job; it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this role.
What You Need to Succeed
Being focused on our customer helps us to deliver a lasting impression and instill trust. Through collaboration and teamwork, we are able to communicate effectively across departments leading to better decision quality. We hold ourselves to the highest standards ensuring accountability in all we do to deliver on our mission and shared values.
A leader at Sallie Mae will need to be strategic with their teams to achieve our corporate goals. Their ability to drive our vision and purpose amongst their teams and helping them to develop to the next level of talent will be imperative. Being able to adapt to situations quickly and effectively will foster a positive proactive work environment and result in a leader being successful at Sallie Mae.
What You Have
Minimum: Indicate minimum education, skills and experience required.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree
• 8+ years of professional business experience with a progressive track record of accomplishments in IT and data related fields, such as Enterprise Data Governance, Information Governance, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Quality, or Data Management
• Prior experience working with Business Process Owners on Process Decomposition / Business Rule Identification / Data quality analysis
• Prior experience in developing, planning and executing enterprise scale program rollouts, with a strong preference toward IT and Data Related projects
• Strong understanding of core Data concepts (data quality, usage) and ability to understand how these concepts impact SLM and our business
• Understanding of overall Data Governance principles
• Understanding of large data environments, with prior experience in data warehousing, data lakes or other large data structures
• Strong project management and coordination skills with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and manage multiple projects
• Demonstrated team leadership and partnering skills, plus excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical partners (including senior leadership) with focus on informing, influencing and relationship building
• Strong consultative skills which includes the proven ability to influence consensus decision making across a variety of stakeholders and to succinctly document the outcome of these decisions
• Good understanding of Student Loans / overall loan and collection lifecycles
• Ability to manage / coordinate with third parties in execution of work.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations that impact SLM – FCRA, GLBA, Dodd-Frank, CCPA
• Accountability – Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Collaboration – Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communication – Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Customer focus – Build strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
• Decision quality – Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Instill trust – Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Develop talent – Develop people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
• Situational adaptability – Adapt approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations