at Apex Systems, Inc in Dover, Delaware, United States
Apex Systems is has an opening for a Network Specialist opportunity at Dover AFB, DE!
**if you are interested in this position please send your resume to Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org**
Position: Network Specialist
Location: Dover AFB, DE
Contract Length: 6 months, contract to hire
Certifications: CCNA – Routing and Switching and an IAT Level II Certification (example: Sec+, CCNA, CISSP, etc.)
Clearance Level: An active Public Trust or an Interim or Active Secret Clearance
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in IT
- The Network Specialist ensures that the LAN/WAN is capable of providing required services by supporting the network infrastructure through the use of troubleshooting and problem resolution in a production environment.
- Provides daily operational support for LAN/WAN networks, including firewalls.
- Plans, installs and supports hardware and software upgrades.
- The Network Specialist is required to resolve technical issues associated with network and routing protocols at all levels of the OSI model through the use of diagnostics and network administration tools such as Hewlett Packard (HP) OpenView, Cisco Works and Tivoli.
- An understanding of Management Information Blocks (MIB) and MRTG to measure, plan and execute methodologies to ensure high performance levels and minimum downtime.
- Responsible for maintaining LAN – WAN barrier systems to prevent unauthorized access to MTF systems.
- In order to meet these requirements, the Network Specialist must be familiar with Cisco firewalls, Cisco, Alcatel, Hewlett-Packard, Nortel and NetScreen VPN devices and IDSs.
- Uses diagnostic utilities to identify and isolate problems encountered on different mediums and network protocols, gather latency statistics and find specific network bottlenecks, evaluate problems and implement fix actions through device reconfiguration or replacement depending on the circumstances.
- The Network Specialist should have a clear understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, SHTTP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, EIGRP, OSPF, PPP, HDLC, V.35, RS-449 and knowledge of the 803.2, 802.3, 802.5, 802.10, 802.11, 802.3u and 802.3z communications, EIA/TIA cable standards and Internet standards.
- The Network Specialist must address issues related to synchronous and asynchronous communications, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, FDDI, ATM, ISDN, microwave and satellite communications.
- Desired experience with various OTDR, cable testers, network sniffers.
- Possess experience in routed, switched and shared LAN environments that operate Novell Netware, Microsoft Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/Active Directory, UNIX and OpenVMS and employ various routers, switches, hubs and terminal servers as well as various local and long-haul ISDN,256 Kbps through T1 -T3, satellite and ATM WAN connectivity that employs Codex and PairGain CSU/DSUs.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Sciences and 3 years
related experience; or successful completion of a certified technical/vocational school and 8 years related experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.