at FRITO LAY INC in Newark, Delaware, United States
he Customer Service Merchandiser Specialist (CSMS) is a full-time position that is responsible for merchandising Frito-Lay's complete line of quality products at local stores. As a CSMS, you will collaborate with a team that strives to grow our sales volume everywhere Frito-Lay products are sold: gas stations, convenience stores, and large grocery stores.
Some of the more frequent tasks you will perform include:
* Driving to assigned locations in your personal vehicle (we’ll provide mileage reimbursement while you're on the clock)
* Checking list of daily tasks
* Checking in with store receiver, check-in delivery, obtain signatures, collect proof of delivery (POD)
* Merchandising cases from the back room to the sales floor, filling display units or shelves with products such as Doritos, Classic Lays, Tostitos, Smartfood Popcorn, etc.
* Using equipment (e.g. carts, pallets, etc.) to move product around the store
* Ensuring back-room inventory reaches the sales floor and organizing/maintaining back-room inventory in proper location
* Rotating products and removing defective and out-of-date products and process returns and credits with receiver
* Tidying up shelves and displays, knocking down boxes and disposing of any waste
* Assisting in the assembling and disassembling of promotional materials such as signs, banners, and cardboard displays, including submitting photos of end result
* Ordering, scanning and logging backstock using handheld device
This is a physical job. We transform store aisles, end caps, and displays into works of art, from the lowest shelf to the highest shelf. Hours per week average 40 to 45 hours and include weekend and/or holiday work in all weather conditions.
You will also be establishing relationships with store personnel and store management. We seek to build rapport with our customers so that we can understand their needs and communicate sales opportunities back to the team.
Our diverse team strives for perfection, and you should feel comfortable working under minimal supervision.
Customer Service Merchandiser Specialists who come to work with us have a wide variety of experience. Team members have honed their skills with success in prior roles including retail jobs, restaurant jobs, customer service jobs, and more.
People often ask what characteristics will make them successful in this position. Here is an idea of what our managers are looking for:
* Strong Work Ethic: as a Customer Service Merchandiser Specialist, you are trusted to represent Frito-Lay values to your colleagues, customers, and the public. You accurately report your time using your company-issued device and you are comfortable working without a manager monitoring your day-to-day activities.
* Flexibility: you are able to adapt to changing situations, new tasks and priorities as changes occur; you will encounter challenges and resolve them by yourself
* Customer Focus: when you are in the stores with our customers, you help them find what they need and deliver service that exceed their expectations
* Attention to Detail: our Customer Service Merchandiser Specialists are meticulous when it comes to checking dates on chips, tidying shelves, and arranging products
* Communication: you will be working closely with other Frito-Lay team members and it’s important to communicate regularly; good communication also includes checking in and out with the store manager
* Positive Attitude: you will be part of a sales team that relies on one another to build professional relationships and attend to customer needs while following Frito-Lay and store procedures, work rules and safety policies
* Tech Savvy: you are very comfortable using multiple technology devices each day to accomplish your goals
* Conscientious: you are organized, task driven, comfortable following direction and adhering to a specific schedule
* Initiative: our Customer Service Merchandiser Specialists often describe their routes as "their business." You have a deep understanding of your role within the sales team and you constantly strive to achieve and exceed sales growth targets
Does this sound like you?
The way it works is simple: we provide the information and tools to empower you to take charge of your career. At Frito-Lay, we’ll give you the training to succeed as the newest member of our exceptional team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.