at Arbor Management, LLC in Newark, Delaware, United States
FULL TIME – 2 POSITIONS 1 REMOTE AND 1 HYBRID, TRAVEL REQUIRED
Arbor Management, LLC is a residential property management company headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and owned by an experienced owner/developer of multi-family housing, Leon N. Weiner & Associates, Inc. Arbor manages over 50 multi-family properties comprising over 5,000 apartment units for Weiner and our partners. The Compliance Specialist is responsible for the evaluation and monitoring of properties to assure compliance with applicable affordable housing programs. Keeps current on all changes in affordable housing regulations and assists in the distribution of this information to Management and Property staff on a regular basis.
1. Keep current on all updates and changes in affordable housing programs and requirements.
2. Assure that Property personnel receive clear and concise written interpretations of changes.
3. Respond to compliance-related questions from Property personnel.
4. Implement file audit procedures in region(s) to ensure compliance with regulatory agreements for each property. Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Ensuring that all tax credit project first year tenant files are in compliance
· Ensuring that all tax exempt bond project first year tenant files are in compliance
· Ensuring that HUD project tenant files are in compliance
5. Schedule/coordinate all on-going file reviews and audits:
Testing verification of tenant income for HUD, tax credit, and tax exempt bond projects
Testing periodic tenant recertifications to ensure compliance with HUD, tax credit, and tax exempt bond
Verifying compliance with Fair Housing standards
Verifying compliance with MSC policies and procedures
Participating in annual staff workshops on changes to regulations, Fair Housing workshops and other in-service training determined to be appropriate by the Director of Compliance
Site Evaluation Periodic tours of property sites to monitor compliance with safe, sanitary housing standards
· Review of the periodic physical inspections. This will include follow up on corrective measures with Property staff.
6. Work with Manager of Compliance, Training Analyst and Property Supervisory personnel to develop action plans for non-compliant properties.
7. In consultation with the Regional Manager & Training Analyst, coordinate or help provide orientation and training to property managers. This may include initial orientation of new staff as well as re-orientation of existing staff.
8. Responsible for deployment of additional compliance policies, procedures, and file documentation for HUD, tax credit, and tax exempt bond projects.
9. Assess and make recommendations to Training Analyst & Property Supervisors regarding training needs for Property Managers consistent with Mercy guidelines.
10. Support Property Supervisors in developing and deploying corrective action plans based on internal or external audit findings.
11. Assure that all first year files from each property have been copied and filed in an "off-site" and/or central location.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience. Current compliance certifications for HUD and tax credit preferred including COS or AHM.
Experience: At least two years experience required in national/multi-regional property management, asset management, or housing regulatory organization/agency. Must possess a thorough knowledge of HUD, low-income housing tax credit, and other affordable housing programs. Experience in the use of property management/compliance monitoring software preferred.
-- Ability to read and interpret complex documents, such as regulatory agreements and compliance regulations.
-- Able to work as an effective member of a team and in a collaborative manner with staff, peers, and supervisor.
-- Ability to interpret and understand tenant file information.
-- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, including the ability to provide technical assistance on complex compliance issues in a simple, straightforward
--Willingness to travel extensively as needed. Some overnight stays may be necessary.
--Ability to work in a complex and changing organization and adapt to changes in structures and work priorities.
***Arbor Management, LLC offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vets. NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
***For immediate consideration, please send your resume email@example.com