at Perdue Farms Inc - Milford in Milford, Delaware, United States
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.Summary
The overall purpose of this position is to provide office support to the department by providing a continuous flow of work orders to the WPL lines, managing on-time order completion, monitoring inventories and verifying order specifications.Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Send orders to WPL lines in sequence according to completion times.
Prepare and distribute orders sheet for the associates on the line.
Track orders as they completed to ensure 100% order fill rate.
Communicate any potential issues that would affect on-time order completion, such as short on products, etc.
Perform and maintain hourly checks of labels for information accuracy and compliance to QA standards and report any discrepancies to supervisor.
Perform departmental duties as directed by supervisor or lead person.
- High School or equivalent
- 2 -4 years related experience. Knowledge of standard software applications, such as Microsoft Office. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity within WPL department of the facility.
- Ability to work for 8 hours or more in a stationary position or travel on a wet, moist, dry, greasy floors which may include metal or plastic grating surfaces with up to 4 hours in a single interval.
- Ability to work from various types of ladders and/or stairs.
- Exposure to and work in temperatures of less than -40 degrees and 75 degrees with ambient humidity. Noise exposure of 110 db, and light intensity range of 50 to 100 foot candles.
- Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, sitting, and grasping varies in repetitions, distance, degrees, angle, weight, heights, longest interval of time, objects grasped, and body positions depending upon the maintenance task required. Exposure to chlorinated water (50 ppm, ammonia vapors ) 5 ppm, dry ice, caustic detergents, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, and other chemicals found in a poultry processing plant.
- Must use and / or wear protective and safety equipment required for the job.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.