at Perdue Farms Inc - Milford in Milford, Delaware, United States
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Directly works with the Maintenance Manager on providing leadership, consultation and guidance regarding maintenance expenditure projects, cost efficiencies, process development, modification and facility maintenance.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and deploys maintenance and store improvement programs and projects that improve the plant and equipment performance.
- Promotes safety and demands it from the maintenance organization.
- Manages the maintenance staff to include hiring, training and developing the staff to meet the needs of the department.
- Ensures preventative and predictive maintenance is completed and records are maintained on all assets.
- Ensures maintenance projects comply with all local, state and federal safety and environmental requirements and regulations.
- Develops and oversees the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes and executing of long-term plans.
- Manages the maintenance management system. Coordinates work performed by outside vendors.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering or related discipline
- 5 plus years. Must have an understanding of maintenance management systems and processes, preventative and predictive maintenance, manufacturing technologies and standard software applications.
- Requires strong communication, math, organizational and analytical skills. Must be able to travel to other facilities.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Ability to work for 8 hours or more in a stationary position or travel on a wet, moist, dry, greasy floors which may include metal or plastic grating surfaces with up to 4 hours in a single interval.
- Ability to work from various types of ladders and/or stairs.
- Exposure to and work in temperatures of less than -40 degrees and 75 degrees with ambient humidity. Noise exposure of 110 db, and light intensity range of 50 to 100 foot candles.
- Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, sitting, and grasping varies in repetitions, distance, degrees, angle, weight, heights, longest interval of time, objects grasped, and body positions depending upon the maintenance task required. Exposure to chlorinated water (50 ppm, ammonia vapors ) 5 ppm, dry ice, caustic detergents, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, and other chemicals found in a poultry processing plant.
- Must use and / or wear protective and safety equipment required for the job.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.