at Perdue Farms Inc - Milford in Milford, Delaware, United States
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.Summary
The purpose of the position is to maintain and operate machinery in the process of chilling in a manner that meets specification established by USDA and company standards. Put in daily moisture test information and rotate to other positions to meet ergonomic goals.Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain checks throughout the shift by visually monitoring the water levels, water temperature, air settings, water meters, mechanical operation and water overflow.
- Inform maintenance or refrigeration when corrections are needed and when water filter needs cleaned.
- Perform moisture test on birds according to written procedure.
- Observe by visual inspection the condensation and control it.
- Help with breaks and work on the line in case of emergency.
- Do HACCP checks on reprocessed birds and on line HACCP checks if necessary, including tank produced birds.
- Do routine chlorine checks on chillers.
- Remove all product from chillers at end of the day with metal hook.
- Do routine temperature checks.
- Do routine chlorine checks on chillers and microtox checks on all other chillers.
- High School or equivalent not required but beneficial.
- Worked a minimum of 6 months of consecutive work history with one employer within the past 3 years. Strong reading, communication, math, writing, and ananlytical skills are required.
- Experience in poultry processing/manufacturing environment preferred.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.