at Perdue Farms Inc - Milford in Milford, Delaware, United States
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.Summary
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of production associates to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the production group.Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Trains, directs and develops subordinates to meet operating, safety and quality requirements within the department and/or area.
- Supervises production staff to ensure product quality and integrity and ensures all finished product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to retaining associates.
- Consistently administers Company policies and procedures. Supports and promotes the Company's annual People, Products, Profitability and Planet goals through effective and efficient planning, communication and coaching, training and overall direction of the workforce.
- Creates and implements, with management approval, new ideas and methods to improve production efficiencies, CSI, QI, Safety scorecard.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture or related discipline.
- 0-3 years work experience. Should be computer literate with skill in Microsoft Office.
- Requires experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs./birds, pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results.
- Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule.
- Requires prior supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and ability to provide strong customer orientation.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or Company business.
- Poultry experience
- Ability to work for 8 hours or more in a stationary position or travel on a wet, moist, dry, greasy floors which may include metal or plastic grating surfaces with up to 4 hours in a single interval.
- Ability to work from various types of ladders and/or stairs.
- Exposure to and work in temperatures of less than -40 degrees and 75 degrees with ambient humidity. Noise exposure of 110 db, and light intensity range of 50 to 100 foot candles.
- Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, sitting, and grasping varies in repetitions, distance, degrees, angle, weight, heights, longest interval of time, objects grasped, and body positions depending upon the maintenance task required. Exposure to chlorinated water (50 ppm, ammonia vapors ) 5 ppm, dry ice, caustic detergents, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, and other chemicals found in a poultry processing plant.
- Must use and / or wear protective and safety equipment required for the job.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.