at Incyte Corporation in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function)
The Director/Senior Director, Alliance Management is responsible for ensuring that our overall Alliance strategic approach as well as the day-to-day operating requirements for assigned Alliances are effectively managed and objectives are achieved so as to maximize the strategic value of our partnerships. This position is expected to contribute to the development of tools, processes, and strategies employed by the Incyte Alliance Management Team(s) to ensure effective coordination between Alliance partners as well as to proactively determine opportunities and threats stemming from the Alliances and coordinating appropriate actions in response.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
* Coordinate the planning, implementation and management of assigned Alliance(s).
* Responsible for the day-to-day communications between assigned Alliance Partner(s) and Incyte.
* Responsible for identification and escalation of issues and providing regular updates on assigned Alliance(s) to the internal Incyte team and external stakeholders.
* Schedule, manage and coordinate Alliance meetings; including but not limited to, Joint Steering Committee (JSC), Joint Development Committee (JDC), Joint Commercialization Committee (JCC) and applicable sub-teams. Includes the preparation, review and finalization of meeting agendas, materials and minutes.
* Manage internal Incyte Alliance team operation and communication across the functional representatives supporting assigned Alliance(s).
* Subject matter expert for the assigned Alliance Agreement(s); manages issue escalation and facilitates issue resolution.
* Work with the Incyte multidisciplinary project team, specifically clinical operations, finance, project management and Alliance Partner to ensure that the Alliance activities are completed as scheduled, within budget, and meet Alliance objectives.
* Manage relevant alliance information storage, firewalls, and document sharing repositories, including access permissions.
* Review and evaluate the progress of program activities as defined by the Alliance Agreement.
* Review, amend, and coordinate approval of the Alliance budget per the Alliance Agreement.
* Coordinate the definition of Alliance objectives and metrics to ensure that team performance can be carefully monitored.
* May support additional Business Development activities, as required.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
* Bachelor of Science degree or a degree in a field relevant to a profession in the biopharmaceutical industry.
* Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in project management, clinical development, and/or pre-clinical development, or alliance management in the pharmaceutical industry and/or at a Clinical Research Organization.
* Experience working on pharmaceutical alliances or as an Alliance Manager is required.
* Demonstrate ability to provide strategic and organizational support to R&D teams.
* Demonstrate ability to effectively manage internal and external team members and organize teams.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to travel (domestic and international) up to 10%.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We Respect Your Privacy
Learn more at:
The Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage your job application in order to enter into an employment relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that will screen out your application if you do not meet certain objective criteria... For full info follow application link.
We appreciate, celebrate, and thrive on one another’s differences and strengths and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. By valuing diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and prohibiting all forms of harassment, we are able to promote a collaborative and innovative work environment in which everybody can contribute to their fullest potential.