at Aveanna in Millsboro, Delaware, United States
Certified Nursing Assistant – PDN
ApplyRefer a FriendBack
Millsboro, DE 19966
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing personal medical care and assistance with daily living activities that improve quality of life by allowing our patients to remain in their home (or facility) while adhering to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times.
Essential Job Functions
• Perform, assist, evaluate and document medical care, such as:
o Basic first aid
o Taking weight and vital signs
o Catheter and bowel care, including I&O monitoring
o Range of motion exercises, exercises as assigned by a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist
o Ambulation, transfer and positioning with wheelchairs and other non-life support medical equipment and devices
o Prepare meals according to dietary and nutritional needs
o Care for patient’s special conditions and needs within scope of authorized tasks
• Help patient maintain good personal hygiene, such as:
o Assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming, shaving, skin and nail care, oral hygiene, dressing and eating
• Thorough completion and coordination of all required documentation, such as:
o Maintaining and completing the necessary patient/family and Company documentation records upon conclusion of each visit
o Observe and report significant changes in patient’s condition to the (RN) Nursing Supervisor
• Provide hands-on personal care and performance of simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services.
• Provide services that are ordered by the physician in the plan of care and that the aide is permitted to perform under state law.
• High school graduate or GED
• Current, unrestricted certification or proof of training as required by the state
• Current CPR certification
• Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with aide care and policies and procedures
•? Valid Driver’s License and Acceptable MVR
Additional state specific requirements:
• Continuing Education as required by state
o Successful completion of Nurse Aide training and competency evaluation program pursuant to the requirements of 42 CFR part 483, Subpart D; or
o Health Care or Personal Care credentialing program recognized and approved by the state; or
o Successful completion of 40 hour training program provided by a private home care provider which addresses at least the areas specified in the PHCP rules
o Appropriate clearing of Illinois Department of Public Health – Health Care Worker Registry,
o Successful completion of Long-Term Care Assistants and Aides Training Programs Code; or
o Documentation of current registration from another state; or
o Successful completion of a Nursing Arts Program which included at least 40 hours of supervised clinical experience from an accredited nursing program as evidenced by diploma, certificate or other written verification from the school and proof of successful completion of the written portion of the Department established nursing assistant competency test; or
o Successful completion of a US military Training Program that includes the content of the Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program as evidenced by a diploma, certification DD-214, or other written verification and successful completion of the written portion of the Department-established nursing assistant competency evaluation Proof of completion of a nursing program in a foreign country.
• Colorado(Nursing Aide Services):
o (A) The agency shall select nurse aides on the basis of such factors as the ability to read, write, carry out directions, effectively communicate to demonstrate competency in the provision of care and services safely and effectively and treat consumers with dignity and respect to person and property.
o (B) The agency shall ensure that each nurse aide it employs is certified by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies within four (4) months of starting employment and that certification remains current. Each aide that provide care and services before certification shall be supervised in the home by direct observation at least weekly for the first month of employment and every two (2) weeks thereafter until certification is obtained.
o Ongoing Education:
§ An Aide must receive at least 12 hours of in-service training during each 12-month period. In-service training may occur while an aide is furnishing care to a patient.
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Good organization and communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Must be able to sufficiently reposition patients and move equipment without assistance
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and mentally to emergency situations in the home or during transport
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CCPA Notice for Job Applicants, Contractors, and Employees Residing in California