at PNC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Position Overview At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Specialist Sr. within PNC’s Credit Strategy Group, you will be based in Wilmington, DE or Pittsburgh, PA, or Washington DC.
- Lead Retail Lending origination strategy development to maximize risk adjusted return, and optimize balance growth for secured and unsecured line of credit and loan portfolio
- Leverage business / product expertise to rigorously analyze large datasets, improve risk adjusted returns, deliver profitable growth, and communicate conclusions.
- Synthesize analytical results and develop, recommend, and implement business strategies that improve lending decisions, assist in managing risk, increase revenues, targeted marketing, reduce exposure to losses, meet business goals, and improve performance. Establish baselines for strategies and track actual performance to expectations.
- Use data mining skills to develop new strategies to manage customer experience and profitability
- Analyze gaps, identify new opportunities, and provide recommendations and supporting business cases
- Apply predictive models, third party data, and other tools to develop and execute appropriate segmentation and targeting for portfolio strategies to provide insight into portfolio risk.
- Collaborate with the line of business, Finance, and Risk partners to assess and establish credit risk appetite and to understand its implications, as well as to establish policies and procedures governing the identification, monitoring, and management of risk appetite.
- Communicate complex observations and recommendations to the stakeholders to build consensus on strategy approval and implementation
- Monitor and report back post implementation results to stakeholders
- Develop presentations and present observations and recommendations to the stakeholders to gain alignment/approval
- BS in a STEM related area (Statistics/Quantitative, Economics, Finance or Math preferred) Masters Degree is a plus.
- 8 years of analytics related experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership to drive results
- Great sense of urgency to deliver results on time
- Proactive and independent thinker
- Technical skills: Hadoop (Hive/Impala), SQL, SAS, Tableau, Statistics, Teradata
- Business knowledge: Consumer Lending Products and strategy development
*Please note, PNC will not sponsor a work visa for this position.
+ Provides financial and regulatory reporting and analyses to maintain adequate controls over the financial and regulatory reporting processes. Responsible for running complex business performance, risk and operational analytics. May include the development of analytical methods/models to assess market, credit and/or operational risk of new and existing financial products.
+ Leverages business / product expertise to rigorously analyze large datasets, improve risk adjusted returns, deliver profitable growth, and communicate conclusions. Synthesizes analytical results and develops, recommends, and implements business strategies that improve lending decisions, assist in managing risk, increase revenues, reduce exposure to losses, meet business goals, and improve performance. Establishes baselines for strategies and tracks actual performance to expectations.
+ Applies predictive models, third party data, and other tools to develop and execute appropriate segmentation and targeting for acquisition and portfolio strategies to provide insight into portfolio risk. Manages engagements with internal and external information suppliers ensuring solution is fit for purpose while maintaining appropriate governance and oversight.
+ Understands and communicates regulatory and financial accounting impacts on the balance sheet to regulators and PNC control functions as appropriate. Interacts with regulators, internal audit, and management concerning credit portfolio analyses and credit risk appetite.
+ Works with business, credit, data, and model development partners to design, develop, and monitor test designs and analytical reporting to track and enhance strategies. Designs / enhances standard reporting suites for regular product / portfolio reviews.
+ Collaborates with the line of business, Finance, and Risk partners to assess and establish credit risk appetite and to understand its implications, as well as to establish policies and procedures governing the identification, monitoring, and management of risk appetite.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
+ Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
+ Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Competencies Analytical Approach – Synthesizes ideas and information required for process improvement into a manageable form.Banking Products – Knowledge of and ability to provide products and services available through the retail banking branch.Big Data Management and Analytics – Knowledge and ability to plan and execute, big data management and analytics.Business Analytics – Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.Credit Risk – Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used to determine the degree of credit risk in a given transaction or customer relationship; ability to assess, rate and manage exposure to credit risk.Mathematics of Financial Instruments – Knowledge of and ability to perform the mathematical calculations that underlie various financial instruments.Operational Risk – Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.Performance Measurement – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of methods to measure the performance on a particular portfolio against industry benchmarks and related parameters.Predictive Analytics – Knowledge of, experience with and ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.Pricing Models and Analytics – Knowledge of pricing tools, techniques and methods; ability to assess analytical and pricing models through the use of statistical principles.Regulatory Environment – Financial Services – Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.Risk Management Banking – Knowledge of and ability to use tools, regulations, and business practices to assess and control an organization’s exposure to risk. Work Experience Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including mil