at U.S. Army in Arlington, Virginia, United States
About the Position:
This position is located with the National Guard Bureau Joint Staff, NGB-J1, Manpower and Personnel Directorate, Arlington, Virginia.
About the Surrounding Area: Situated in Northern Virginia on the south bank of the Potomac River directly across from Washington D.C. Arlington is headquarters to many departments and agencies of the federal government, including the Department of Defense and is the location of many national memorials and museums.
- Interact on behalf of the Child and Youth Program Manager with the Joint Family Programs Office (NGB-J1) for joint Child and Youth Program actions.
- Coordinate and interact with Installation Management Command (IMCOM) and various external organizations for Community -Based Child Care, Army Teen Panel and Army-enterprise Child, Youth and School Services (CYSS) programs.
- Provide assessment of systems/programs that support goals and objectives and lead to the development of strategic and tactical plans.
- Serve as Trusted Agent and Alternate Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
- Integrate state-level program reports with National Guard objectives regarding child and youth services.
- Responsible for performing analytical and evaluative work in a wide range of functions involving planning, programming, execution, and program analysis.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 5% for this position.
Supervisory status No Promotion Potential
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 26 - Manpower and Force Management position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Eligible for situational telework only, including emergency and OPM prescribed "unscheduled telework".