at Delaware State Housing Authority in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
JOB TITLE - Delaware Housing Assistance Program Operations Manager
This non-State position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the operations needs of the Delaware Housing Assistance Program (DEHAP). The incumbent will supervise DEHAP applications support and case auditor positions and oversee and the overall DEHAP application review process including external reviewers; supervising the call center and managing payments & related communications. The incumbent will also serve as a primary point of responsibility for all DEHAP operations including overseeing external partners such as contractors providing implementation services for DEHAP and work closely with a team responsible for coordination with community stakeholders, industry associations, advocacy groups, State Courts, and Legal services, among others. They will work close in coordination with the Housing Stabilization team on outreach, reporting and program analysis.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position. Since specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed.
- Directly oversees, manages, and provides direction to staff and outside contractors on the implementation of DEHAP.
- Coordinates within the Housing Stabilization Programs team on all matters impacting the operations and implementation of DEHAP.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for DEHAP on all escalated issues related to DEHAP operations, including escalated application matters and program implementation concerns, such as application and payment process and procedures.
- Coordinates with Program Analyst and Housing Stabilization Programs Administration on DEHAP implementation.
- Reviews, revises, develops, drafts and implements rules, regulations, policies standard form documents essential to the function of DSHA emergency housing stabilization programs.
- Analyzes industry trends and advises the Housing Stabilization Administrator of possible impact on federal and state legislation and policy.
- Receives and understands directive from DSHA leadership.
- Oversees, manages, and provides direction and guidance to staff.