at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
The Associate Investigator will focus on designing and performing experiments which will include the collection of data, interpretation and analysis of results and documentation of test results including technical reports and patent applications. In addition, they will be responsible for laboratory management including inventory, safety, standard operating procedures, and ensuring that laboratory equipment and instrumentation is properly maintained and in good working condition.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and execute experiments safely and independently
- Collect organize and record necessary experimental data to guide research programs and to prepare patent applications
- Interpret and analyze results and make suggestions on alternative approaches or improvements
- Interface with research investigators to set the objectives & priorities for the various tests
- Ensure the various laboratory and analytical measurement systems are in good working condition and to make upgrades as needed
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in, but not limited to, Chemistry, Engineering (Chemical and Mechanical), Biology, Materials Science etc. Individuals who do not have a college degree but have equivalent work experience demonstrating the required skills will be considered
- Specific knowledge of and experience with general chemistry techniques and good laboratory practices
- Knowledge of computer-based systems necessary for lab operation, including MS Office tools
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work well with all levels in the organization
- Self-motivated, customer focused and ability to independently achieve results
- Demonstrated problem-solving/troubleshooting and data analysis skills while executing or participating in multiple projects.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/