at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
Chemours is seeking a(n) Associate Chemist to join our growing Advanced Performance Materials 5G venture team! This position will be available at the Chemours Discovery Hub, Newark, DE and report directly to the Global Business Director for the 5G venture based in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Advanced Performance Materials business has a wide variety of high-performance Fluorobased materials. They possess a combination of unique properties, like exceptional heat and chemical resistance, excellent electrical insulating properties, UV resistance and non-stick.
One of the fast-growing areas in society, where FluoroPolymer materials can provide important solutions, is the 5G communication infrastructure and applications.
We are seeking an Associate Investigator, for the development of new applications and solve the challenges that the 5G change brings for the current incumbent materials.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work together with the Application Development Engineers, other Associate Chemists and Market Development Managers on developing and testing prototypes in our Chemours laboratories.
- Collaborate within global business team and global technical community to exchange experience and share results.
- Work with vendors and team members to develop, setup and operate new laboratory equipment
- Support customer specific application development projects
- Develop data of Chemours and competitive products for the market development team
The following is /required/ for this role:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science or related technical material
- Knowledge and experience of polymer processing, application prototyping and application relevant characterization
- Fluent in English language, Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills
- A strong ‘Customer Focus’ attitude, and ability to work at the speed of the partner and drive the projects to successful commercialization
- Passion to learn new technical applications, materials, application methods and application performance characterizations
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Knowledge of polymer processing and/or lamination processes
- Knowledge of material characterization by variety of test methods
- Knowledge of electronics related applications
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account