at Perdue Farms Inc - Georgetown in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
Start planning Summer 2021 NOW! We are hiring plant operations interns for our Summer Intern Program. Our interns will be responsible for the day-to-day assistance in the supervision of production associates to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner, and assisting in promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the production group.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- 10 Week Summer Program - this rotational internship gives you exposure to various roles within the facility that you are assigned
- Hands on learning and exposure to various levels of leadership within Perdue
- Competitive Wages
- Summer Housing Stipend
- Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the Team Leader and the Shift Leader in the daily tasks such as training, providing work direction and development of subordinates to meet operating, safety, and quality requirements within the department / area.
- Assists production staff to ensure product quality and integrity, and ensures all finished product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Assists in maintaining an environment that is conducive to retaining associates.
- Consistently administers company policies and procedures.
- Rotates through various functions in fresh or cook plants during the course of training which may include Live Haul, Wastewater, Accounting, Human Resources, Receiving, Dressing, Evisceration, Giblet Packing, Grading, Cut Up, Stretch Bag, Deboning, 28 Degree Cooler, Box Room, Weight/Price/Label and Shipping departments