at 3M in NEWARK, Delaware, United States
(6pm-6am , 3 days one week and 4 days the next week)
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so its equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
Ive seen firsthand how 3M is a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact theyre making around the world, and that they know theyre valued. Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
The Impact Youll Make in this Role
As an Electrician/Instrumentation Technician, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Perform troubleshooting, calibration, repair/replacement and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Perform a wide variety of complex electrical and mechanical work related to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, operation, inspection, and testing of a variety of equipment including, but not limited to: electrical, electronic, mechanical, pneumatic, computer, micro- processor and variable frequency drive, electro-mechanical, digital, telemetry, operator interface terminals, and analog components and perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform advanced electrical functions, including instrumentation, PLC ladder logic programming, PLC communication protocols & AC/DC drive programming.
- Work from electrical prints, diagrams, work orders, electrical code books, drawings, sketches, schematics, written and verbal instructions.
- Perform calibration and monitoring device measurements and corrective actions.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Required: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent (Completed and verified prior to start)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Electrician and Instrumentation Technician.
- Experience with Analog and digital AC/DC drive systems.
- Technical experience working with electrical systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing PLCs.
- Experience working with pumps
- This position will require weekend work, 12 hour shifts (6pm-6am), and OT as needed.
Travel: No Travel
Relocation Assistance: No
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity