at Sallie Mae in Newark, Delaware, United States
Newark – Continental, DE
Who we are:
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they imagine-whether that means helping them make college happen, or other endeavors they pursue to invest in their future. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills-you’re in the right place.
What You’ll Contribute
The Analyst will help execute on work coming from multiple business units within the organization. This includes Web Strategy, Brand, Corporate Communications, Marketing and Servicing. The Analytics team is responsible for all site-based reporting, analysis, testing and optimization on the website, inclusive of all pages and products.
The individual’s responsibilities will primarily be focused on assisting with reporting and ad-hoc analytics. Specifically, data mining and segmentation to understand site performance, customer pathing behavior and various trending metrics. Additionally, the creation of reports to monitor performance, and deep data exploration to understand drivers and opportunities for improvement.
There will be analytical work to identify and size various testing plans for the business and technology teams. This includes understanding target populations, lift scenarios, expected volumes, and statistical confidence measurements to produce recommendations on structure and deployment.
The Analyst is a detailed individual with a passion for data and learning. He/she will work with the technology team on process and documentation, ensuring data is understood and analytical needs are articulated. The individual will be leveraging digital analysis and A/B testing technologies, to better understand user behavior, as Sallie Mae looks to continuously improve its site experience.
The individual must possess strong organizational and analytical skills and be able to work autonomously and effectively in a dynamic and changing work environment. Communication and prioritization skills are a must, as is the ability to present information, strategy, and recommendations clearly and succinctly.
What You’ll Do
% of Time Spent
• Site Reporting and Monitoring
· Creates top-line holistic suite of reporting for overall site metrics
· Produces business stakeholder-specific reports and analyses
· Identifies opportunities for process and workflow improvements
• Data Mining / Ad-hoc
· Responds to all questions and requests on performance deep dives
· Proactively determines metrics of interest relative to key projects / products
• Testing Campaign Management
· Gathers requirements and documentation for new tests
· Analytical sizing and recommendation for tests
· Monitors performance in-flight and post-test, providing results
• Process and Documentation
· Takes an active role in identifying potential new data and ways to analyze
· Develops knowledge and viewpoints on all data, tools, and tactics
· Presents information in a manner that is clear to the target audience
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job; it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this role.
What You Need to Succeed
Being focused on our customer helps us to deliver a lasting impression and instill trust. Through collaboration and teamwork, we are able to communicate effectively across departments leading to better decision quality. We hold ourselves to the highest standards ensuring accountability in all we do to deliver on our mission and shared values.
What You Have
Minimum: Indicate minimum education, skills and experience required.
• BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Statistics or related field and/or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years quantitative experience
• 0-2 years of experience in web analytics
• Proficient in MS office including Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent project managements skills
• Accountability – Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Collaboration – Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communication – Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Customer focus – Build strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
• Decision quality – Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Instill trust – Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Preferred: Indicate “nice to haves” regarding education, skills, and experience.
• Experience with Adobe Analytics & Adobe Target
• Data visualization tool (Tableau, PowerBI, etc) knowledge
• SAS / SQL experience
• Understanding of Agile development principles
The Americans with Disabilities Act
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the “essential functions” of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for his/her expertise in performing the function, or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.
What You’ll Get at Sallie Mae:
+ Comprehensive Compensation and Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision plans)
+ Financial Well-being : 401(k) company match, employee stock purchase plan, and basic life insurance and short-term disability are provided to employees at no cost
+ Work/Life Balance : Paid time off, time off to volunteer, and tuition reimbursement. In addition, after 6 months of employment, primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of 100% fully paid time off and secondary caregivers are eligible for 4 weeks of 100% fully paid time off, for birth or adoption
+ Wellness : Fitness centers/gym subsidies, free Fitbits with step challenges, and wellness education
Sallie Mae is proud to be an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. EEO is the Law Supplement. Click here to view the U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account