at Lawson Home Services in Milton, Delaware, United States
Facilities/Carpentry Assistant works as a part of the crew to improve the energy efficiency of buildings. This position performs direct services, including the installation of home weatherization materials, minor building repairs, repairs to stop cold air infiltration and associated record keeping.
- Manage our company’s facilities – cleaning, maintenance, remodeling
- Ensure every part of our facility is consistently clean and in working order
- Order and maintain inventory of equipment and supplies needed for building maintenance
- Engage outside vendors when needed for additional cleaning, maintenance, and remodeling work
- Assemble product for our installation crews and shipping materials to other dealers across the country.
Requirements for all 3 positions:
- Valid driver’s license & safe driving record
- Clean driving and criminal records as required by state laws for home service companies and by company insurance carrier(s)
- Ability to pass DOT Physical
- Familiarity with hand and power tools and a desire to learn weatherization techniques.
- The position requires working in dark, uncomfortable and confined environments. Employees must be able to crawl through and work in constricted spaces.
- Requires basic knowledge of the construction of residential dwellings and housing types.
- BPI certification, Weatherization Installer certification and/or OSHA certification is a plus
- Construction experience is preferable, but not required
- Unrestricted lifting ability
- Ability to climb a ladder, kneel, and crawl
- Ability to work overtime if needed