at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 496798
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Information Technology, Full Time
Pay Grade: 29S
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The University of Delaware's College of Health Sciences located on the STAR Campus, operates three clinics that provide clinical training opportunities for students. These clinics, which operate under the umbrella of UD Health, include the Nurse Managed Primary Care Center, the Delaware Physical Therapy Clinic, and the Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic.
In order to provide patient care in an efficient, safe, and cost-effective manner, the clinics utilize Practice Management (PM) software for scheduling and billing and an Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR) for managing patient medical records. To provide the resources necessary for the functioning and maintenance of the PM and EHR software, and to ensure clinicians and practice staff have access to personnel trained to manage and support these applications and associated reporting, the College of the Health Sciences (CHS) has created a team focused on the day-to-day management of the applications and staff support.
The Application Analyst will report to the Informatics Manager. The Application Analyst supports the Clinic Practice Managers and EHR users by addressing software issues, building and maintaining PM and EHR content - including templates, reports, report libraries, training materials, and job-aids, ensuring optimization of workflows, and managing the change control and system update processes. The Application Analyst will also demonstrate clear understanding of clinical and revenue cycle workflows. To excel in this role, the incumbent must have strong organizational skills and be able to communicate effectively with clinical and revenue cycle end users as well as software vendors.
- Design and develop customized templates and other documentation tools and reports to optimize end user workflows, standardization of practice processes, and to meet regulatory requirements.
- Document workflow processes and standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure system configuration and set up are aligned with industry and vendor best practices.
- Participate in defining end user security roles to help ensure information is appropriately protected.
- Maintain system security by provisioning and deprovisioning user access to applications.
- Utilizing approved departmental/college change control process, manage requests for presentation to change control committee:
- Document change control requests.
- Track progress and decision regarding change requests.
- Document testing and training for any new content resulting from a change request.
- Manage ongoing maintenance:
- Analyze clinical / revenue cycle data to optimize workflow.
- Track system performance.
- Perform issue investigation, testing, and resolution.
- Ensure PM and EHR optimization via data analysis, audits, and training reinforcement.
- Monitor data queues and work files to ensure records have been completely processed for coding, billing, and patient care.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status