at Aveanna in Milford, Delaware, United States
Home Health – Registered Nurse (RN)
ApplyRefer a FriendBack
Milford, DE 19963
The Staff Registered Nurse provides skilled nursing care to home health patients as prescribed by the patient’s physician and in accordance with the policies and procedures of Willowbrook Home Health Care. She/he provides care in a manner which promotes quality, continuity and safety for the patient.
Clinical Manager or Branch Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
*INDICATES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- 1. Provides professional skilled nursing care to patients in the home setting following the plan of care developed by the nurse in collaboration with the physician.
- 2. Adheres to agency and patient care policies including the implementation of patient’s rights and responsibilities.
- 4. Must understand and properly implement the use of the Oasis in relationship to start of cares, resumes, recerts and discharges.
- 5. Completes interim orders in a timely manner for any changes in the plan of care communicated to/by the physician.
- 6. Reports any changes in the patient’s condition to the physician and or Clinical Manager, as warranted.
- 9. Instructs patients/caregivers in procedures, medications, diet, etc., and other aspects of the plan of care.
*10. Supervises care provided by home health aides and communicates changes in the plan of care.
*11. Completes, maintains and submits clinical notes regarding patient visits. Submits clinical notes within 48 hours according to agency policy.
*12. Attends in-services and continuing education meetings in an effort to keep current on new developments and techniques.
*13. Participates in ITM conferences and makes recommendations based on needs of the patient as condition changes.14. Demonstrates flexibility when changes in assignment are necessary. 15. Maintains sound privacy and security practices and prevents privacy or security breaches. If breach occurs, corrective action will be taken. 16. Performs additional duties and accepts responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Qualifications:1. Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Tennessee. 2. Minimum one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or home health agency. 3. Good communication and organizational skills. 4. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all segments of staff as well as professionals and lay persons.
1. Able to tolerate being physically active the entire working day.
2. Able to transfer, lift and guard patients safely with appropriate level of assistance and without any likelihood of injury to the patient or self.3. Able to bend, stoop, squat and lift numerous times daily.
4. Able to carry out fine motor and manual dexterity skills required to perform treatments/care for the assigned caseload.5. Mental acuity and judgment skills to adequately and safely perform job requirements and assure patient safety. 6. Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual needs and clinical indications of the assigned caseload. 7. No medical problems that could endanger self or others if such should occur while providing patient care.
ApplyTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account