at CDM Smith in Dover, Delaware, United States
CDM Smith is seeking a Manager of Application Development to join our Corporate Business Technology team. This individual drives the development, implementation, and support of enterprise business applications and systems. Drives innovation, automation, and cloud platforms to advance enterprise applications capabilities. The ideal candidate would have a proven track record of managing Oracle R12 and other business system development teams in a highly complex business environment.
• Directs the planning, design, development, installation, and maintenance of IT software applications. Generates multi-year strategic roadmaps with IT leadership. Determines project resource requirements, assigns staff, monitors and tracks performance and adherence to project schedules.
• May hire external consultants as required. Manages ongoing vendor relationships.
• Manages the design and implementation of application development policies and procedures, technical standards, methods, documentation, and priority setting tools. Defines quality control procedures and internal group standards for software development.
• Manages staff, evaluates performance, mentors and plans career paths, approves paid time off (PTO) and training, ensures human resources (HR) policies are followed and makes recommendation regarding staffing decisions.
• Performs highly complex systems evaluations and debugging of escalated technical issues.
• Consults with IT management, stakeholders, clients and end users to identify potential application enhancements or issues.
• Performs other duties as required.
Manager, Application Development-Oracle EBS (REMOTE OPTION)
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
• 10 years of related experience with at least 4 of those years in a project management capacity.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Experience managing EBS applications development teams (Oracle preferred)
• Experience managing in a culturally diverse global enterprise
• Experience managing remote work force
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Mid-Atlantic United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven leadership capabilities with the ability to support a changing environment.
• Expert verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
• Advanced ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks both individually and as a team member.
• Broad knowledge of virtualization, technical infrastructure, applications, and environments.
• Able to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and evolving environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills at all levels including senior business executives.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.