at CDM Smith in Middletown, Delaware, United States
CDM Smith seeks a highly qualified professional to lead our existing Architect-Engineer-Construction (AEC) portfolio with all Department of Defense agencies in the Pacific theater and Air Force clients worldwide. As a full-service AEC firm, CDM Smith’s has been serving the DOD for over 25 years and holds multiple contract vehicles for worldwide programs including planning, studies, engineering, design, and construction of the built environment. This candidate will foster growth in these programs through development of strategies with new and existing clients to align CDM Smith’s core competencies with DoD client priorities.
As a Client Service Leader (CSL), you will work collaboratively with clients and develop strategic partnerships with industry to solve DoD’s infrastructure challenges. This will include the pursuit of new business development opportunities, conduct business planning, and lead proposal development activities. As a member of our high-performing team, you will contribute to CDM Smith’s federal mission by:
• Serving as the client-facing representative by keeping abreast of new agency initiatives, budgeting, programming, and organizational changes.
• Identifying and developing new business opportunities for DoD clients in the Pacific Theater, as well as U.S. Air Force clients worldwide.
• Leading strategic business development efforts (office meetings, capabilities presentations, webinars, etc.).
• Possessing an established business network (client decision-makers and teaming partners).
• Serving as capture manager for proposal efforts to include managing and communicating amongst a diverse team of technical experts and marketing professionals.
• Engaging with Program and Project Managers that will result in the delivery of quality projects that meet scope, schedule, and budget commitments to maintain client satisfaction.
• Maintaining awareness of DoD marketplace related to business opportunities, including competitors, partners, and subcontractors/subconsultants.
• Contributing to firm’s stature by actively participating in leadership roles in professional societies and associations.
Client Service Leader – Department of Defense (Pacific) & Air Force
WAF Sales – Services
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 12 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Prior experience working for or serving in the DoD or serving DoD as a consultant is preferred.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE), Project Management Professional (PMP), American Institute of Architects (AIA) or other recognized registration a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.