at Aramark in Newark, Delaware, United States
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Must maintain all ARAMARK, State and Federal food handling, safety and sanitation standards. Must adhere to the highest standards of customer service. Must adhere to the uniform standards at all times. Must have good personal hygiene.
The EXAMPLES OF WORK are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties assigned to this position. Management will have the right to assign additional duties as needed. The following are typical examples of work:
- Operates and maintains dish machines including routine de-liming and cleaning of dish belts.
- Soaks, scrapes, and washes pots, pans and dishware.
- Responsible for proper storage of all pots, pans, and small wares per ARAMARK standards, as well as the proper drying procedures for these items.
- Collects and removes all trash, garbage, and recycling to disposal point.
- Assists in unloading and storing of food products and goods as required.
- Maintain public dining areas, by clearing and sanitize tables, napkin holders, condiments and seating.
- Cleans, sweeps, vacuums and maintains cleanliness of floors, loading docks, dumpster areas, walls, ceilings, light fixtures and related areas.
- Performs thorough cleaning of work area and equipment. Assists in completing tasks as found on daily and weekly cleaning list.
- Maintains cleanliness of and restocks milk machines, ice cream machines, and other beverage machines.
- Performs heavy-duty stripping, waxing, buffing and shampooing of floors using floor machines.
- Operates heavy-duty water removal machines and pressurized cleaning equipment.
- Sweep, mop, sanitize and maintain toiletry supplies in restrooms.
- Maintains cleanliness of employee locker room and uniform areas.
- Replaces overhead light bulbs and/or tubes requiring use of ladder.
- Washes windows requiring use of ladders.
- Clears snow, ice, and debris from building loading docks.
- Cleans hoods, ducts, filters, fryers, ovens.
- Maybe required to assist Storeroom clerk or Driver.
- Follows all Aramark SAFE guidelines for using and storing chemicals.
- Assists in moving equipment as required.
- Utilizes all kitchen equipment.
- Required to complete the production records as required by ARAMARK standards, to include but are not limited to prepared amount, served amount, leftover portions and temperatures during service in a timely manner.
- Ensure all products are dated and labeled per Aramark standards
- All injuries must be reported immediately to Management.
- Promptly alert management of all equipment failure.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Depending on task being performed, personal protective equipment and equipment to prevent food contamination will be required. These include but are not limited to the use of hair restraints, protective hand and eyewear, etc. Must have slip resistant shoes.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS/OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURES: Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, rain, snow, humidity, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and or loud noises.
REQUIRED MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Requires the equivalent of completion of high school course, or any combination of experience and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to read, write, complete basic math skills and has a comprehension of measurement; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Must successfully complete SAFE Food Handler training annually. Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds. Must be able to lift, push or pull 75-100lbs.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account