at Aramark in Newark, Delaware, United States
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: This skilled and specialized work requires a knowledge and background of food preparation. Must maintain all ARAMARK, State and Federal food handling, safety and sanitation standards. Must adhere to the highest standards of customer service. Must adhere to the uniform standards at all times. Must have good personal hygiene.
The EXAMPLES OF WORK are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties assigned to this position. Management will have the right to assign additional duties as needed
- Ensure food cooling logs and temperature checks are completed for HACCP compliance.
- Prepares requisitions based on menu, inventory, event sheets, and par levels, and submits to management for approval.
- Prepares basic yeast-based breads, doughs and pastry products.
- Required to complete the production records per Aramark standards, to include but are not limited to; prepared amount, served amount, leftover portions and temperatures during service in a timely manner.
- Ensure all products are dated and labeled per ARAMARK standards. Follow food storage hierarchy per Aramark Standards.
- Must accurately weigh and measure bulk ingredients per recipe.
- Checks inventory of raw materials on hand.
- Prepares and finishes all produced hot/cold desserts. Including but not limited to; scooping, slacking and traying. This includes baked, AP, boxed and frozen proof products.
- Prepares all bakery and bakery-type items as instructed. Utilizes all kitchen equipment necessary to finish these items. Utilizes the dish machine.
- Requires the ability to produce multiple” Unique & Specialized” scratch recipe items during their shift.
- Functions as working lead person over lower classified employees as necessary.
- Ensures all assigned prep work is completed at least 12 hours in advance.
- Clears and cleans tables, removes soiled dishes and trash from dining and serving areas, and restocks as needed: scrapes dishes and trays.
- Cleans, sweeps, vacuums, wipes down, mops floor and performs thorough cleaning of work area, and assists in completing tasks as found on daily/weekly cleaning list.
- Promptly alert management of all equipment failure.
- All injuries must be reported immediately to Management.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Depending on the task being performed, personal protective equipment and equipment to prevent food contamination will be required. These include the use of hair restraints, protective hand and eyewear, etc. Must have slip resistant shoes.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS/OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURES: Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, rain, snow, humidity, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of materials and methods used in the preparation of baked products on a large scale, and the use and care of baking utensils and equipment; ability to plan baking on a large scale; Food handlers examination recertified yearly. Ability to read, write, basic math skills and comprehension of measurement; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds. Must be able to lift, push or pull 50-75 lbs. Position requires the successful completion of a mystery basket.)
REQUIRED MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Requires the equivalent of completion of high school course, or any combination of experience and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilitiesTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account