at Aramark in Newark, Delaware, United States
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: This skilled and specialized work requires a knowledge and background of food preparation. Must maintain all ARAMARK, State and Federal food handling, safety and sanitation standards. Must adhere to the highest standards of customer service. Must adhere to the uniform standards at all times. Must have good personal hygiene.
EXAMPLES OF WORK are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties assigned to this position. Management will have the right to assign additional duties as needed.
- Required to complete the production records as required by Aramark standards, to include but are not limited to: prepared amount, served amount, leftover portions and temperatures during service in a timely manner.
- Serves a range of hot and cold food items; prepares or finishes food items according to instructions; ensures that appropriate portions are served; applies organized systems to ensure speed of service to customers.
- Ensure all products are dated/labeled and stored per Aramark standards. FIFO procedure and hierarchy should be followed.
- Describes or explains the process and ingredients used to cook all featured items to the customer.
- Performs duties related to food preparation and serving, such as cleaning, dicing and peeling vegetables, mixing ingredients, panning food, and like tasks.
- Maintains Dining Room as needed, including clearing and sanitizing tables, seating, condiments, and napkin holders. Restocks utensil and plate ware.
- Maintains a clean safe work area. Including but not limited to; sweep, vacuum, mop, sanitizing area.
- Utilizes all Kitchen Equipment with the exception of impinger, convection oven and kettle.
- Prepare display plates for assigned stations.
- Required to properly set up the assigned station with appropriate merchandising, portioning/serving utensils and equipment.
- Following each service period, must properly clean and breakdown the station, returning all merchandising items to the appropriate storage locations, all equipment used must be properly cleaned and stored for future use.
- Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies. Ensures spoiled or unattractive food is properly logged and disposed
- Makes coffee, tea and other mixed beverages according to Brand Standards.
- Serves food from serving line per Aramark sanitation guidelines.
- Operates dish machine and communicates any equipment failure to management.
- Restocks food product and supplies as necessary.
- Maintains all national brand and proprietary brand standards.
- All injuries must be reported immediately Management.
- Promptly alert management of all equipment failure.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Depending on task being performed, personal protective equipment and equipment to prevent food contamination will be required. These include but are not limited to the use of hair restraints, protective hand and eyewear, etc. Must have slip resistant shoes.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS/OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURES: Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, rain, snow, humidity, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and or loud noises.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account