at STAPLES THE OFFICE SUPERSTORE in New Castle, Delaware, United States
Mon - Fri 8:00AM - 4:30PM $17.25/hr
Are you looking to join an essential business who puts their employees and customers first? Staples Inc. is the place for you, and we are hiring!
Reaching your full potential is more than a job for Staples associates! We offer competitive pay & benefits, while recognizing efforts to achieve career goals. This is an opportunity to be part of the Staples World Class Supply Chain Team and to provide essential products to our customers.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you’ll be responsible for organizing, stacking, and shrink-wrapping customer orders on pallets. You’ll be loading trucks manually; lifting, lowering and carrying product in a fast-paced environment and stacking empty pallets while maintaining a safe and clean workspace as you go.
What’s in it for you?
- Weekly Paychecks!
- Growth opportunities: Start your career with us and see where you can grow
- Perks and Benefits: Check out our perks and benefits!
- Possible opportunity to train on material handling equipment
- Inspect all power equipment and complete the safety inspection sheet before operation
- Stack empty pallets: clean and sweep work area and remove trash regularly
- Responsible for organizing, stacking and shrink-wrapping customer orders on pallets
- Loading trucks manually; lift, lower, or carry product up to a maximum of 70 pounds by hand
- Will be trained on the proper safety procedures and elimination of potential hazards
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum three (3) months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to work Monday – Friday (or Saturday varies by location), some weekends and holidays will be required based on business needs; flexible schedules are available
- Full-Time associates must have the ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift; additional overtime hours will be required based on business needs
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack and cherry picker helpful
- Ability to work at heights up to 30 feet or more as needed
- Passing a background and/or drug screen may be required
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)