at Fiserv in Dover, Delaware, United States
Remote role can be located anywhere in the US
What does a successful Sales Engineer, Senior do?
Sales Engineering is charged with providing subject matter and technical expertise in sales opportunities to facilitate the discovery and capture of business needs and opportunities, to develop and analyze solutions, and to engender confidence and credibility through presentation and direct interaction. The position is in support of Fiserv’s Payments product portfolio, specifically Fiserv’s Enterprise Payments Platform systems from both an on premise implementation and an outsourcing perspective.
In this role, you will:
1. Work closely with the Sales team to provide full assistance in support of the successful achievement of sales targets while adhering to cost of sales objectives.
2. Illustrate the value of the Payments product portfolio to prospects in a compelling manner.
3. Responsible for aligning the Payments product portfolio capabilities (products and services) with client business requirements through a professional and ethical business approach which endorses Fiserv’s values.
4. Participate in the development & completion of submitted RFI/RFP documents, bid coordination, prospect qualification, discovery and requirements gathering, product demonstrations, technical discussions, and design solution proposals.
5. Promote and support sales opportunities into existing Fiserv accounts and help to ensure that customers are successful in their objectives and remain reference-able for Fiserv.
6. Adhere to solution selling techniques in line with the Fiserv Way of Selling tools and methods.
7. Represent Fiserv at Trade Show events and conferences to increase brand and solution visibility (company booth, panel discussions, industry speaker, etc.).
8. Develop credibility and confidence with prospects through the sales lifecycle through the demonstration of expertise and strong engagement skills.
9. Coordinate with Product Management and Development to ensure that the necessary environments and the most current demonstrable product release is available for use.
10. Develop demonstration strategies to promote strategic features and capitalize on customer and market driven value propositions.
11. Responsible for staying abreast of product roadmap and maintaining ability to effectively communicate roadmap to prospects and clients in support of business opportunities.
12. Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, etc.
13. Responsible for staying current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
14. Responsible for providing feedback from the market to Product Management and Development regarding products including identification of gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands.
Qualifications for consideration:
+ 5+ years’ experience with financial institutions or technology vendors servicing financial institutions
+ Possesses at least 5 years’ experience in sales, pre-sales or implementation of software solutions, ideally in a similar solution area.
+ Experience indicating an understanding of / or ability to quickly acquire in depth knowledge of multiple product lines in support of the responsibilities above
+ Experience indicating ability as an independent problem solver able to solve problems without precedents or guidelines
+ History of managing complex projects
+ Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience