in County, DE
The DuPont Country Club is currently looking for a seasonal Groundskeeper to join our team in support of our grounds. The grounds service assistant employee will perform maintenance duties related to golf course, and clubhouse grounds and tennis facilities; will support the department in a safe, effective and efficient manner to provide superior playing conditions at the DuPont Country Club. This position involves all facets of golf course and grounds maintenance and reports to the Golf Course Superintendent.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- String trimming, raking bunkers, rotary mowing, backpack blowing.
- Equipment operation; walking and some riding machinery.
- Daily golf course set up.
- Agronomic duties – watering, renovating, constructing of turf areas.
- Care and maintenance of 20 outdoor tennis courts.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs., to bending, twisting, and walking.
- Ability to uphold a safe, respectful work environment for self and others.
- Ability to have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team environment
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work Monday – Friday 5:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., and every other weekend 5:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. and on holidays
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor outside in all types of weather