at CITY OF MILFORD in Milford, Delaware, United States
Job Summary: Performs responsible technical and skilled work in the installation and maintenance
of electric power distribution systems.
The Electric Line Technician, First Class shall be committed to the mission, vision and values of the
City and demonstrate such through ethical conduct, community stewardship, individual initiative
and responsive service. The Electric Line Technician, First Class shall demonstrate leadership,
management and technical skills through effective communication and collaboration, proper use of
team resources, progressive decision- making, personal accountability and responsibility.
Supervision Received: Work is performed under the general supervision of the Electric Line
Essential Job Functions:
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential duties:
A. Perform all phases of primary, secondary, street lights, overhead, and underground work.
B. Requisition and inspect materials and prepare periodic reports.
C. Operate aerial towers and line trucks.
D. Install and connect a variety of three phase transformers banks.
E. Install, repair, and replace cross arms, insulators, transformers, lightning arrestors, etc.
F. Monitor and ensure safety precautions for the crew and thepublic.
G. Accomplish line work on energized and deenergized circuits.
H. Install all types switch gear on distribution system.
I. Trim trees for line maintenance.
J. Replace rotten poles.
K. Replace old hardware.
L. Troubleshoot outages and repair.
M. Work scheduled on-call duties.
N. Performs related work as required.
Essential Functions, Qualifications, & Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) for Employment:
An employee in this class must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities upon application:
• Familiarity with electric line installation and maintenance and the hazards encountered.
• Use of radio equipment.
• First aid practices and techniques.
• Supervise and train assigned staff.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and inwriting.
• Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
• Time management.
• Set poles, string wire, and related work.
• Strength to perform manual labor.
• Physical stamina to withstand working under adverse weather conditions.
• Understand, abide, and enforce all safetyrules.
• Interact positively with the public