at Perdue Farms Inc - Georgetown in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
- Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation.
- With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all written SOPs to verify all documents completed and turned in on a daily basis. This includes on floor and paperwork verifications of NAE PVP, APF PVP and Organic Programs. Associate will also perform on the floor pre-operational inspection verification along with pulling data from electronic tracking devices used in the verification process.
- Provide support to the QA/FS supervisors and manager on all duties assigned. This includes lab data entry and preparation of customer and in-house samples.
- Audit all SSOP/HACCP records providing timely feedback to management. Review and File HACCP / SSOP/ Supporting paperwork daily and report problems to QA/FS supervisors and managers. Record information obtained on monitoring records and enter into the electronic data input devices.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the USDA and keep up with the regulations concerning SSOP/HACCP program.
- Training and documentation of training of all levels of plant associates concerning SSOP/Pre- Requisite/HACCP programs.
- Hands on involvement in all Food Safety/QA problems that arise during the shift and developing appropriate solutions and corrective actions/preventative measures for those problems. Must be familiar with deviations resulting in the stressing of product which could reduce shelf life of affected product. Must continually evaluate potential for foreign material contamination and all hazards while in assigned work areas.
- Conduct validation(s) of in house data that support facility food safety decisions as needed yearly.