at CITY OF MILFORD in Milford, Delaware, United States
Job Summary: Works in a team environment to implement, support, and maintain all internet,
video and voice services and related equipment. This position relies on experience and
exercises independent judgement to determine the best approach by using and interpreting
policies and procedures.
The Audio-visual/Telecommunications Specialist shall be committed to the mission, vision and
values of the City and demonstrate such through ethical conduct, community stewardship,
individual initiative and responsive service. The Audio-visual/Telecommunications Specialist
shall demonstrate leadership, management and technical skills through effective
communication and collaboration, proper use of team resources, progressive decision-making,
personal accountability and responsibility.
A. Manages internet, video, and voice service:
• Videoconferencing / livestreaming
• Voice over IP (VOIP) move/add/changes including telephone setup and voice
• Fiber and management of new installation and related vendors
City of Milford
Pay Grade: G09
Effective Date: June 2021 P a g e – 2
B. Responsible for cabling, system installations, site buildout planning.
C. Collaborates with the Network Administrator to manage mobile devices.
D. Troubleshoots technology and conference room configuration issues.
E. Manages Audio-visual/Telecommunications inventory and ensures preventive
maintenance is performed.
F. Documents operating procedures and procedural guides for Audio-visual solutions.
G. Provides Tier 2 technical support.
H. Supports technology projects and custom software implementations by participating in
planning sessions as well as performing assigned tasks.
I. Researches new technologies; participates in evaluation discussions; offers
J. Performs related work as required.
Essential Functions, Qualifications, & Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) for Employment:
An employee in this class must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities upon
• Videoconferencing solutions and how to effectively use them.
• VOIP management.
• Cabling: cat6, fiberoptic, coaxial, etc.
• Understanding of and ability to manage IP configurable devices.
• Understanding of IoT (internet of things) devices and how to manage them.
• Standard office applications, operation, security, and maintenance of server, desktops,
laptops, mobile devices and related equipment in a networked environment.
• Wireless and Bluetooth technologies for mobile devices and peripherals.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Time management.
• Decision making.
• Demonstrated customer service focus.
• Adhere to all applicable Federal and State safety laws, rules and regulations and City
• Ability to move objects weighing over 20 pounds with the help of equipment/devices, on
a frequent basis.
• Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work.
• Manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
• Quickly investigate and understand an array of applications and technologies in
order to gather and understand operational, business, and application
• Identify and understand a problem or situation, troubleshoot and work with
team members to resolve problems.
• Contribute meaningful input during meetings pertaining to conducting a
successful Help Desk, support technologies, departmental functions and
• Explain technical issues to non-technical personnel.