at Nelnet in Dover, Delaware, United States
At ALLO, we believe people are our biggest asset. Our team brings the ALLO mission to life because as local members of each community, we live, work, play, and volunteer right here with you. We’re passionate about being involved and contributing to the success and progress of each of our fiberhoods.
We pursue these passions because ALLO leaders have created a workplace where folks are valued, ideas are heard, and work-life balance is an everyday practice.
The Network Reliability Engineer will apply best practices and industry knowledge to incrementally evaluate and develop network fault monitoring and performance monitoring tools for ALLO.
Responsible for applying in-depth knowledge of the network and networking protocols along with excellent communication skills in order to perform in-depth troubleshooting of all issues that arise. The primary function is to perform escalated network repair, execute tactical projects, and own overall network troubleshooting once alerted by the NOC of such events. Responsible for resolving application and network problems. Performs critical function within the network repair process and can ultimately impact the NOC’s ability to meet Network Availability and Restoration commitments made to customers. These individuals are primarily driven by projects in the transport network that require greater attention to detail and management from a more advanced technical resource.
1. Understands all network technologies, designs and product offerings in order to troubleshoot and analyze complex network designs/issues and provides short/long term resolution plans. Understands, applies and maintains network standards as documented. Provides technical feedback to engineering concerning design/product changes/enhancements. Performs the responsibilities in a high pressure, short timeline environment, which includes managing and responding to aggressive customers.
2. Manages mid-range projects with minimal supervision including OPS requirements, document reviews, (Method of Procedures) MOP reviews, software and hardware upgrades, maintenance scheduling, etc.
3. Conducts detailed MOP reviews and Event de-confliction to ensure minimal customer impact during scheduled maintenances.
4. Understands, applies and maintains network standards as documented by Architecture & Engineering. Each technology has audit tools in place the generate reports that should be monitored. Responsible for submitting GCRs to correct standard issues.
5. Works with vendors to determine root cause and chronic issues. Creates and implements corrective action plans to address issues.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work/military experience
2. Telecommunications or related field
3. A combination of education and experience is acceptable
1. 5-7 years Operations/Engineering/Layer 1-3 Network experience in a tier 1 or 2 carrier environment
2. 2-4 years in a NOC environment or equivalent high paced environment where diligent decision making and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues is critical.
COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Industry Certifications desired: MEF, Cisco, MPLS, VoIP, Video
2. Strong leadership/administrative skills (multitasking, planning, and organizing) a plus
3. LAN/WAN networking experience
4. Ethernet Circuit Knowledge
5. Advanced computer skills
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills
7. Strong interpersonal skills
8. Strong knowledge of scripting languages
9. Good troubleshooting skills and methodologies
10. Experienced in analyzing issues, distilling and communicating their relevant aspects
11. Ability to identify risks/issues and develop recommendations for resolution
12. Shift work and on-call flexibility
13. Attention to detail
Colorado Candidates: Salary range for this role is $43,000 – $83,000
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Since 2003, ALLO has provided customers with the most modern network possible while employing a team of engineers, operators, and technical experts who constantly work with customers to develop creative ways to utilize ALLO’s fiber network. ALLO’s growth and success are thanks in large part to our reputation for winning customer service, technical capabilities, experienced, knowledgeable personnel, and superior products.
ALLO Communications is a telecommunications company offering fiber telephone, long distance, broadband, internet and television to residents and businesses.
EEO Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) | EEO Letter (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-Jeffs-Letter.pdf) | EPPA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/Employee-Polygraph-Protection-Act-Poster.pdf) | FMLA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/FMLA-Leave.pdf)