at City of Dover in Dover, Delaware, United States
Do you have what it takes to be part of our team? The City of Dover is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Motor Equipment Operator I in the Streets Division. The essential function of this position within the organization is to perform labor in support of City operations within the Streets Division.
The primary duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, a combination of equipment operation and labor tasks which involve a variety of semi-skilled tasks associated with the maintenance of City infrastructure. The successful candidate will work under a varying degree of supervision. Overtime is required as needed.
- Operate motor equipment to transport materials, tools, personnel to job sites, load or haul dirt, and/or pick up debris from job sites
- Operate specialized motor equipment to support City operations such as snow removal, street sanding, street sweeping, sewer cleaning and catch basin cleaning and/or repair/replacement
- Assist in snow removal operating various pieces of equipment ranging from single axle dump trucks with plows to backhoes
- Inspect motor equipment daily and perform minor maintenance
- Complete job-related logs and forms and assist in providing information to the public
- Ability to perform to medium to heavy work lifting up to 75 pounds on a regular basis