at Incyte Corporation in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function):
The Manager, Purchasing leads and manages the procurement activities within the Technical Operations (Pharmaceutical Manufacturing) space for both small molecules and biologics.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities):
Collaborate, develop and maintain critical relationships with various cross-functional Tech Ops Teams to provide Strategic Sourcing expertise for CDMO's, CMO's, Labs, Co-Meds/Comparator suppliers, Packaging, labeling, distribution etc.
* Engage with internal customers to understand their business context and proceed to request for information (RFI) and request for proposal (RFP).
* Negotiate and implement supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders, legal and suppliers to reach agreement on commercial terms and conditions.
* Manage sourcing activities with assigned suppliers and ensure alignment with applicable regulations, business objectives and industry best practices.
* Proactively engage with business partners and develop a professional rapport to drive improved collaboration and cooperation with the procurement function.
* Drive customer satisfaction through proactive, efficient procurement operations and strong internal collaboration with stakeholders.
* Implement Key Performance Indicators and manage contract life cycle in coordination with key business partners.
* Continually evaluate services offered by existing and prospective vendors.
* Support the supplier/contractor on-boarding process including review of requisite paperwork, experience, legal and organizational structure, financial viability, geographic coverage, insurance requirements and other capabilities.
* Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
* Determine priorities for one's area of accountability to create clarity about focus and enable work to be completed efficiently.
* Coordinate work efforts of others to ensure integration and completion of work against expectations.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency):
Bachelors in life sciences or business major required, Masters preferred
2 - 4 years of experience in procurement and sourcing or closely related
Knowledge and experience of current purchasing best practice
Proven track record of delivering tangible results in a global complex/decentralizing environment
Extensive experience in working with cross functional teams and multiple projects simultaneously
Experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech environment preferred
Certification in Procurement preferred (i.e. CPM, CPP, SPSM, CIPS) preferred
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We Respect Your Privacy
Learn more at:
The Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage your job application in order to enter into an employment relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that will screen out your application if you do not meet certain objective criteria required by the job. You can learn more about this process .
You may have the right to access, delete, restrict, edit, move, or object to the use of your personal data. You may also have a right to report concerns to the authority responsible for data privacy in the country where the position is based or where you live or work.
You can learn more about Incyte's data protection practices . By accessing this link you can learn about the types of personal data we collect, how we use it, whether collection and processing is optional, sources of the personal data we... For full info follow application link.
We appreciate, celebrate, and thrive on one another’s differences and strengths and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. By valuing diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and prohibiting all forms of harassment, we are able to promote a collaborative and innovative work environment in which everybody can contribute to their fullest potential.