at Quality Insights, Inc. in Charleston, West Virginia, United States
Quality Insights is searching for a Navigator to join our team! The Navigator will educate and assist individuals, families and community partners in understanding insurance options as available through the Health Insurance Marketplace, part of the Affordable Care Act, and provide assistance in completing the application process. The Navigator will assist consumers with application preparation to establish eligibility and enrollment in Marketplace coverage. S/he will provide outreach and education to raise awareness about the Marketplace, referring consumers to health insurance ombudsman and consumer assistance programs when necessary.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist consumers in need of health insurance coverage with application preparation to establish eligibility and enrollment in Marketplace coverage.
- Provides outreach and education to raise awareness about the Marketplace, referring consumers to health insurance ombudsman and consumer assistance programs, as necessary.
- Explain the Marketplace application process, program requirements, and timelines to interested consumers, accurately and in understandable terms.
- Utilize various mediums (phone, virtual, outreach events, etc.) to provide consumers technical assistance during open enrollment timeframes as determined by federal and state guidelines.
- Interview individual consumers to obtain information needed to apply for insurance and potential payment assistance programs
- Assist with uploading application documents, submitting appeals and other consumer focused assistance.
- Regularly participate in community events to increase awareness of health insurance and develop partnerships.
- Provide presentations/educational sessions to potential clients and community partners.
- Provide referrals to other assisters, the Exchange Call Center, or other resources. Also provide referrals to meet other social determinants of health criteria (e.g., housing insecurity) of consumers by collaborating with local shelters and outreach centers, as necessary.
- Assume and maintain responsibility for Navigator program supplies and equipment, and manage all supplies/equipment as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Professional Competencies Required:
- Basic knowledge of health insurance with ability to explain in an understandable manner, basic knowledge of information about the Marketplace and available coverage options
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to interact and communicate effectively and appropriately with both peers and professionals, as well as consumers (individuals and families).
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Computer skills – intermediate level or above required; ability to efficiently navigate the Internet, Marketplace website, and input data into applicable computer systems.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account