at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID: R112489
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Risk Manager, Regulatory Oversight, Retail Risk
The Monitoring, Process and Governance Team in the Retail Bank (RB) is looking for a Sr Manager level risk manager. As a Senior Manager in Retail Risk, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to significant areas of Compliance Risk, inclusive of Retail Non-Deposit Product (RNIP) Governance and Oversight. Senior Risk Managers partner with Business Line Executives across Capital One and their teams, Risk Advisors, Compliance Advisors, and Audit to identify potential Risks in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded while ensuring the program is well controlled and in compliance with regulatory expectations and requirements.
This role will primarily support ongoing development, maintenance, insights and analysis related to the RNIP Governance and Oversight Program including related Audit and Regulatory commitments and engagement with Executive Level Leaders. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company.
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive risk mitigation, well managed focus, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory demands
- Effective leadership within a matrixed organization is critical
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including leadership within the Investment Advisor, the Retail Bank, US Card, Legal, Compliance and others to drive consistent quality, risk position, and the bottom line
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement and improvements through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Collaborate effectively across multiple organizations such as Operational Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, Business Risk Offices, Operational Risk Sub-Steward organizations, Information Technology, Basel Program, Internal Audit, Regulator Relations, etc. to achieve objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree, military experience, or at least 7 years of Risk Management experience
- At least 3 years of Financial Services Risk Management Experience
- At least 3 years of Investing (Broker or Dealer or Investment Advisor) Risk Management or Compliance experience
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience with Investment programs operating within Banking entity
- Experience in implementing, operating, or overseeing Risk or other horizontal governance programs
- Ability to set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.