at Perdue Farms Inc - Georgetown in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
Perform all assigned Electrical Technician duties within class to include equipment repairs, PM’s, diagnostics, troubleshooting and emergency response on equipment.Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Read and understand equipment manuals.
- Responsible to move throughout the facility, reach vertical heights up to 150’ to perform repairs, PM’s, and monitor equipment in both open and confined spaces.
- Performs preventive maintenance as assigned which includes but is not limited to repair, diagnostics, cleaning, lubrication, upgrading, of machinery, scales, printers, necessary computers, etc.
- Fix equipment when a breakdown occurs.
- Walk, carrying boxes, tools and machine parts on wet and greasy floors for distance over 100 foot during performance of job function.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Must be able to do shop math and be able to interpret drawings.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Work in temperatures varying from below 32ºF to above 75ºF with humidity varying from ambient to 100%, noise exposure up to 100 decibels and visual light intensity varying from 50-200 foot candles.
- Included are exposure to chlorine, ammonia vapors, carbon dioxide (10 ppm), dry ice, lubricating oils, caustic detergent, butanone, ethanol, aluminum chloride.
- Must have the ability to move through the facility and carry required equipment, tools which could weigh as much as 100 lbs.
- Must wear FR rated clothing as required.