at Robert Half in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Description If you are looking for work as a Help Desk Analyst, you could find the right opportunity with Robert Half! If you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team, you’d be great for this position! This Service Desk Analyst job is for someone who can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. You might find yourself creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. We need you to handle complex end-user support issues and provide support to team members by focusing and restoring service to the end users. You should also know how your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. You should also understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. It is also required for this position to know how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. If you can cover alternative shifts when needed, you will be successful at this Analyst job. This position requires a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. A company in the Service field is seeking candidates for a long-term duration to fill a contract / temporary role. Located in Wilmington, Delaware, this Help Desk Analyst II role will be a long-term contract / temporary opening.
- Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
- If you can facilitate user account management by handling onboarding, change and departure processes, you’ll do well in this job
- Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
- Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
- Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
- Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
- Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment Requirements – Applicants with a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude will be preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Possess qualifications to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
- Ability to multitask effectively- We especially are looking for candidates with ITIL certification
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong familiarity with Desktop Support
- Desktop Environment experience
- Deployments experience
- Solid understanding of asset management
- Hardware Troubleshooting experience highly desired
- 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Working knowledge in one or more programming or scripting language- Applicants with technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems will be preferred
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.