at Air Liquide in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3.6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
BUSINESS LINE OVERVIEW
Added to posting automatically based on business line; see BUSINESS LINE DESCRIPTIONS as needed
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Air Liquide develops innovative technologies and sustainable solutions, optimizing the use of air and the planet's natural resources, enabling progress and preserving life. Located in over 80 countries, we have more than 3 million customers globally in diverse industries such as steel, food and beverage, electronics, aerospace and pharmaceuticals. Air Liquide in Newport, DE builds products that separate gases naturally present in the atmosphere and purifies them into oxygen, nitrogen, argon, and various rare gases. Our Operations Group in Newport is searching for a Manufacturing Operator. This Operator will be working within our Manufacturing Group on a 12-hour shift. . The Operator will report directly to the Manufacturing Supervisor.
Our business utilizes Lean Manufacturing principles and tools and this role provides an opportunity to learn these processes and contribute to our continuous improvement programs.
Military veterans are invited to apply!!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set-up, operate and maintain production equipment
- Follow specifications, job orders, work instructions, recipes and procedures to produce specific products according to our ISO 9001:2015 quality system
- Install fixtures, tooling and other parts for production machine setup to produce products using a variety of materials, according to work orders and specifications
- Align and adjust machine settings, and synchronize speeds on sections of machine to deliver material and construct product
- Activate machinery and equipment, adjust set points to control machine functions, and observe operation of machine and product to detect and diagnose cause of faulty operation; report malfunctions to supervision or work leader
- Operate equipment in all areas of the plant, performing tasks required to build the product and prepare it for shipment worldwide
- Keep machinery and equipment clean, replace worn parts and perform preventive maintenance as required
- Record product information on data sheets or computer database to complete work order
- Move material to work area and load into machine for processing
- Inspect product, setup and adjust manufacturing equipment:
- Inspect incoming materials and parts from warehouse as per inspection procedures as needed
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Route product samples for quality control inspection according to procedure
- Monitor gauges, dials and other indicators to ensure that equipment operations conforms to production or process standards
- Support the training or cross-training of operators that are new to the work area
- Meet or exceed the Company’s safety and environmental standards:
- Become fully trained and follow all safety procedures for the operation and use of equipment
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Assure proper disposal of waste materials
- Contribute actively to safety improvement programs
- Comply with all Company policies including safety, operating procedures, quality, attendance and proper on the job conduct
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES