at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID: R114167
Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Financial Analyst
As a Financial Analyst, you will work for a company that invests in ways to tell stories, view trends, and diagnose results in a more compelling and visual nature. You will have the opportunity to partner with business customers on driving strategic business direction that leads to sustainable performance and you will be asked to challenge our current well-managed processes to be more proactive, effective and efficient. Financial Analysts perform financial data analysis in preparing Profit & Loss or other statements and frequently build reports for higher level associates; provide management and business clients with project statuses; perform reporting and analysis to support presentation and ad-hoc requests.
Roles require strong communication, problem solving, strategic thinking, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights
- Develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior audiences
- Financial reporting and analysis, including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, financial reporting, and Profit & Loss (P&L) management
- Collaborate with system analysts to maintain and develop system to house models
- Coordinate and collect input data from Financial Analysts in different departments, check data integrity, summarize and convert data, run models, verify, analyze, and communicate output data
- Business presentations: Assist in development of presentations to communicate analysis results to senior audiences, clearly articulate outcomes of analysis to leadership teams
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
- Independently manage and prioritize workload
- Perform financial data analysis in preparing Profit & Loss or other statements
- Frequently create reports for higher level associates
- Provide management and business clients with project statuses
- Perform reporting and analysis to support presentation and ad-hoc requests
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative major (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering)
or relevant military experience
- At least 1 year experience in financial analysis
- At least 1 year experience with financial modeling
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 2 years' experience in financial analysis
- 2 years' experience with financial modeling
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.