at Perdue Farms Inc - Georgetown in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
- Operate Tractor –Trailer combination between Company/Customer facilities, in order to pick up and deliver freight in a legal, safe, timely, and efficient manner to include drop, hook, spot or otherwise interchange equipment for loading and unloading at various locations, as assigned.
- The expectation for this position, the driver will be away from home domicile for an extended period of time, unless otherwise directed by management.
- Driver is expected to perform above duties in a professional manner at all times as he/she is a representative of the Perdue Farms Brand.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maneuver and deliver/backhaul truck loads of product and materials to plants, customers, and distributors as assigned.
- Observe and maintain all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements regarding hours of service, log book, vehicle inspections, load inspections, and securing load.
- To include utilizing electronic logging device (paper logs when needed), on board vehicle tracking system in efficient manner.
- Operate a tractor and trailer in a legal/safe manner consistent with all Federal, State and Local laws, regulations, and Company policies.
- To include the utilization of all on board safety features.
- Complete and submit all Company paperwork to include but not limited to manifest, bill of lading, proof of delivery pay envelopes, overage, shortage, damaged claims, and trip reports.
- As assigned, the physical process of loading and unloading of product may be required.
- Responsible for seal integrity and the reporting of an accurate /verified case count and condition of product during deliveries