at Chubb in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
The role is focused on handling/overseeing both litigated and non-litigated employer's liability claims under Part Two of various primary Workers' Compensation and Employers Liability and Employers' Excess Indemnity Insurance Policies for Chubb insureds nationwide. The role requires an individual to be responsible for resolving complex coverage aspects of individual claims and will typically oversee the work of claims administrators in the handling and disposition of all claims involving financial exposure to Chubb including, but not limited to, reserving, negotiation and settlement or trial strategies. The position will require some travel, as well as coordinating with and servicing both internal and external business partners. You will represent the company at meetings with management and business partners, as well as at mediations, arbitrations, settlement conferences and trials. The position will report to management within the Chubb Workers' Compensation Claims Department.
- Investigates and analyzes coverage aspects of individual employers liability claims, prepares complex coverage letters (with assistance from coverage counsel when needed), and effectively communicates positions to brokers, policyholders, defense counsel, etc. under manager direction.
- Provides outstanding customer service and works well with all internal and external business partners.
- Conducts, coordinates, and/or directs investigation as necessary to develop liability, damages, and recovery aspects of claims.
- Authorizes reserves/payments or makes reserve/payment recommendations within delegated disbursement authority and prepares high-value claim reports as needed.
- Enforces proper use of Chubb panel counsel or insured-select counsel processes when possible and effectively oversees claim administrators resolution of claims.
- Participates in claim file audits as needed and maintains claim file quality, executes claims best practices, and ensures claims regulatory compliance while operating within a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant environment.
- Travels to conferences, mediations, arbitrations, trials, and various internal and external business partner meetings as needed. Travel ranges from approximately 10% to 15%, but it could be more as dictated by business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
See Company Website
Wilmington, Delaware 19801