at Incyte Corporation in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function)
The Senior Director, Global Compensation is responsible for managing the Compensation programs and is the interface to the Information Technology group for the Human Resource function. The position reports to the Executive Vice President, Global Human Resources.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
* Manage the overall administration and design of the company's compensation programs and total reward systems.
* Study external market to make recommendations on annual merit increases. These activities include the matching of internal positions to external data using standardized surveys for purposes of making recommendations to line management regarding base salary levels, appropriate grade assignment, total compensation opportunity, and/or hiring ranges for a given position.
* Manages daily activities of the compensation department. This includes, but is not limited to administration of compensation policies and guidelines and providing support to the Human Resource Managers.
* Participate in various compensation-related projects which involve revision, development and/or re-design of existing compensation programs.
* Ensure that the administration of various compensation programs are in compliance with established guidelines, processes, and procedures. This may include programs such as incentive compensation, annual merit review cycle etc.
* Conducts and participates in compensation surveys or special compensation studies for purposes of maintaining the company's competitive position within the market place. This may require creation of market-specific surveys, establishment of target audience, communications, data collection, analysis, and feedback on results.
* Design & Develops Global Compensation Plans as needed.
* Recommends business process improvements having a HRIS component and serves on teams with IT to implement business process changes.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
* Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, with 10 - 15 years of compensation experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry including international experience is required.
* Have experience working with salary surveys including Radford, Mercer.
* Strong Compensation Plan design experience including equity programs.
* Proven experience in the knowledge and understanding of compensation administration, including short term and long term incentive programs including equity programs.
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills; written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* System savvy with previous experience working with a PeopleSoft HRIS system.
* Must be proactive and able to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We Respect Your Privacy
Learn more at:
The Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage your job application in order to enter into an employment relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that will screen out your application if you do not meet certain objective criteria required by the job. You can learn more about this process .
You may have the right to access, delete, restrict, edit, move, or object to the use of your personal data. You may also have a right to report concerns to the authority responsible for data privacy in the country where the position is based or where you live or work.
You can learn more about Incyte's data protection practices . By accessing this link you can learn about... For full info follow application link.
We appreciate, celebrate, and thrive on one another’s differences and strengths and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. By valuing diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and prohibiting all forms of harassment, we are able to promote a collaborative and innovative work environment in which everybody can contribute to their fullest potential.
1801 Augustine Cutoff
Wilmington, Delaware 19803