at DART Container in Federalsburg, Maryland, United States
- Follow and commit to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service requirements.
- Follow practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards
- Follow and commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Install, diagnose, analyze, maintain, modify, repair and/or rebuild a variety of plant and facility equipment
- Repair equipment during mechanical breakdowns or assist other staff in repairs
- Assist production personnel in change-over and set-ups
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment to gain access to problem areas or to install new or repaired parts
- May perform one or more of the following responsibilities within production or facilities maintenance:
- Communicate with operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human error contributed to the problems
- Layout, assemble, install and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Assist machinist / fabricators in fabricating parts
- Follow specification of basic blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings, install, maintain and repair equipment, machinery, physical structures and plumbing/electrical systems.
- Use tools ranging from common hand tools and power tools, such as hammers, saws, drills and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments, and electrical and electronic devices.
- Operate Powered Industrial Truck (PIT), hoist, crane, and aerial lift
- Inspect, operate, or test faulty machinery, equipment, programmable controllers, and motors to diagnose machine malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and apply knowledge of the functional operation of machinery
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment to detect and prevent problems to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly and operate efficiently
- Maintain accurate documentation for assignments, machine repairs, parts inventory, and maintenance logs
- Learn and use SAP Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Work Order Process, production schedules and reports, HMI control panels and machine controls and settings
- Prioritize work assignments to ensure efficiency and that production schedules can be met
- Train other Maintenance Mechanics as required
- May troubleshoot basic electrical equipment problems such as changing fuses, buttons, and switches
- Utilize specific knowledge for a variety of skilled trades, including but not limited to, production and facility machinery and equipment, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, pipefitting, carpentry, utilities, etc.
1000 Industrial Park Dr, PO Box 129
Federalsburg, Maryland 21632